Chapter 17

Author's Note: This story is currently being edited. If you're a new reader, please comment, vote, fan. Whatever you want :) thank you! Ily

Ricky xx

**Micah**

"Excuse me?" His voice trembling slightly, his eyes were begging, pleading that what I had just said was some sort of a sick joke. I nodded a sign of confirmation. I wished that it had also been a sick and twisted joke, but it wasn't, it was reality. It was a cruel and death defying reality. My little sister that was all I ever had, not even my mom meant that much to me had been raped by the son of the man that ordered my father's death. Tears prickled his dark green pools; he quickly cleared his throat, regaining his tough guy façade.

"Are you sure?" His tone was laced with anger and hurt, he considered Skye as his second daughter and I knew that this would break him. I nodded, not trusting my voice to make any sound. I didn't want to show any emotion when the lads and Skye had told me but with John it was different. I rubbed my temples, a sudden headache rushing through my crowded head, banging against my skull. Everything seemed to weigh heavily on my shoulders, salty tears stung the back of my eyes, slowly dripping down my cheek subconsciously.

"I promised my father I would protect her. The only promise I made to him before he passed and I failed him, John. I failed Skye." Anger surged through my body, my clenched fist making contact with the hard wooden desk sat in front of me. The sobs took over my body as I rested my head in my hands; his hand took place on my shoulder, squeezing it slightly.

"You did not fail anyone son. This is a result of a very sick young man and I'll make you a promise; I will take care of this, I will make him pay for taking your sister's innocence but I need a bargain from your end." I lifted my head looking up at his anger filled eyes. I nodded,

"Anything, you name it." He took in a deep, sharp and calming breath.

"I need you to not get involved." I shook my head violently; I needed to make him pay for everything he's done to her, to our family.

"I can't do that, you know that. It's my family John. You can't expect me to just back off." My tone was slightly raised and stern.

"If they catch you again you'll just go to prison. Mate I promise you they won't think twice to lock you up and throw away the key. You're all she has; you can't let that be taken away again." The image of her tear filled eyes rushed through my aching mind, a piece of her died when I went to county, she was hurt in the process, not just emotionally but also physically by that sod. I couldn't let her go through that, it would break her completely. I knew he was right and I knew that he would stop at nothing to take care of him.

"Okay I promise."

**Skye**

My mom had taken Louis into Harry's bedroom, the time felt to be ticking by slowly.

"She's been in there forever." Harry's tone burned with concern and a hint of annoyance.

"He's been shot and he's lost a lot of blood, Harry. It's understandable." He huffed, flopping down on the couch, the end furthest away from me. I tried to keep up a brave façade, I knew he was worried but I had to try and be the brave one in this situation. I was worried of what kind of news my mom would emerge with. My hands were slightly shaking as I played with my thumbs. I looked over to the curly haired boy, looking extremely vulnerable. He showed a different side of himself today, the caring side. His friends and family truly meant everything to him, the bond he shared with Louis was different as with the other ones. They had a different kind of friendship, they were more like brothers and I was scared, afraid as to what he would do if anything happened to Louis. The tracks I had tried so hard to place would derail and he would go mental, he would go on a killing rampage and I would lose this caring Harry that I've just begun to know.

We heard a door open and close quietly, both of us sprang to our feet, awaiting my mom.

"What's the verdict Mrs. Talbot?" he questioned, I furrowed my eyebrows at his choice of words.

"It's Melina." She showed him a smile that he would consider caring, but I've seen it all too many times. That was the smile she plastered on her face to hide any sort of bad news she had.

"Cut it mom, I know what that smile mean." The smile disappeared from her face; I looked towards Harry, worry creasing his beautiful features.

"He's lost a lot of blood..." she trailed off, my heart thudded loudly against my chest and in my throat, and tears brimmed my brown eyes.

"And?" His voice cracking and laced with concern.

"He needs to go to the hospital." She spoke lowly, I never understood how she could be so calm no matter what the situation was or how bad it would be.

"You know he can't mom. You know they'll ask questions and police will be involved. We can't do that." Only then she truly looked at my features, the makeup had gradually been rubbed off from my face showing the ugly bruises covering my character.

"What happened to you?" she gasped, Harry moved towards me, intertwining our fingers. He gave it a light squeeze.

"That doesn't matter now. What can you do to save him?" I questioned, trying desperately to change the sickening subject.

"Well there was this old trick we used to use to stop the bleeding, it will hurt badly and he will be in a lot of pain." She looked slightly uncomfortable; I didn't want to question what she had to do to stop the bleeding.

"Anything you can do to save him please." Tears stung his beautiful green pools. I felt bad for him; sorrow was plastered all over his face. She nodded making her way over to the bedroom; she abruptly turned on her heels facing us again.

"Do you have a lighter perhaps?" Harry nodded tossing over the blue lighter he took out of his pocket. I furrowed my eyebrows not sure as to why he would have a lighter on his person.

We sat down on the couch again, leaning my head against his broad shoulder. He seemed to relax as I took his large hand in mine, toying with his extremely long fingers. The relaxation didn't seem to last long as a manly shout emitted through the silent house, causing both of us to jump, followed by another and another. I covered my ears, leaning my elbows on my knees, tears streaming down my bruised cheeks. Screams filled through the house only getting louder. Harry stood up from the couch, rushing over to the sliding door, leading out to the patio. A door slamming made me jump again; I looked up to see that I was completely and utterly alone. I couldn't take the screams anymore. My heart shattered in my chest and the amount of pain he was in. I stood up from the comfortable couch moving over to the blind covered sliding doors.

Harry stood near the wall punching his fist against the walls; he grunted and screamed in frustration. Blood started to drip from his clenched fists and smeared the panelled wall. I rushed over to him quickly, trying to make him stop what he was doing, he was hurting himself and I couldn't handle it.

"Please Harry just stop." I tugged on his bicep, his strength seeming to be no match for me.

"Harry you need to stop!" I tugged harder. He pushed me back, I stumbled, my back hitting against the railing of the patio. My eyes widened in disbelief, he had never done something remotely close to this before. His eyes were dark, filled with anger. Tears started to roll down my cheeks, he resembled Tyler in that moment of time and I frightened again.

"Oh, my God no please I didn't mean to." I stood motionless, glued to the floor as he moved towards me, those green eyes that allured me from the start, cleared its dark haze. I placed my palms firmly against his chest.

"I know, I know but that wasn't acceptable Harry. You pushed me." I gasped, not even believing what had just escaped my mouth.

"I didn't mean to..." he trailed off staring at his feet in disappointment. I pulled his body close to mine, snaking my arms around his middle.

"I never want to hurt you. I can't lose you." His arms held me tightly as I took in his lovely scent.

"You will never lose me unless you pushed me away." He chuckled slightly, his chest vibrating against my ear.

"That could never happen." I felt content, like everything I needed was right here in my arms. Nothing about this was wrong...

Good things always come to an end...

_sp(L}