Chapter 22

Author's Note: This story is currently being edited. If you're a new reader, please comment, vote, fan. Whatever you want :) thank you! Ily

Ricky xx

Important notice: Assassin X is going to play an important role in the story so for now I'm going to hide his/her identity and leave it up to you, as the readers to guess who he/she is and what he/she wants.

Harry

My life seemed to have been snaked out from under me, making me feel lonely and vulnerable. The thought of losing her made me rethink my life, what it would be without her. My heart seemed to regain a steady beat when the nurse told us she was okay. Micah didn't want to see her, he felt like everything that happened was his fault.

"I don't understand." I placed my shaky hand on her sickly cold one.

"I wish you told me before how you felt and that it was so bad. I could have protected you. I could have been there for you. But you pushed me away. I thought it was just because of your mom. Explain to me why you would do this to me, to Micah? How could I have been so dumb? I should have looked harder! I should have asked you what was wrong and if you needed me. But I didn't! When I saw you on that floor, I felt my world crumble and my heart shatter. I felt like I lost a part of me. When I saw your body, when I thought that you were... that you were dead. I had no more reason to live. I know I didn't say this a lot before or even showed it, but I love you, Skye Talbot. I fucking love you. Why would you do this to me? You're my life I can't lose you. Please baby please. Please just open your eyes." For the second time I poured my heart out to her, I wasn't supposed to feel like this. I wasn't the one that fell hard, this was too quick and she overtook every part of my being, this wasn't supposed to happen.

"Hi." Her voice was low, barely audible and cracked as she spoke. I lifted my head slowly, making sure that I wasn't just dreaming. Her beautiful olive skin was sickly pale, her lips were cracked and her eyes were filled with glassy tears, mirroring mine. I stared at her blankly, I was in shock, I didn't know what to say to the girl that was still irresistibly beautiful even though she tried to take her own life.

"I'm so sorry; I didn't mean to hurt you." She gasped through the sobs that emitted from her frail body, showing the incredibly vulnerable state she was in.

I pulled her body to mine carefully, not sure if she was hurt anywhere else. I rubbed her arms soothingly as I placed loving kisses on the top of her head.

"You don't need to say sorry Skye. You went through more things that anyone else can bare and you are strong, I know you are so you just have to push through. I'll make you a promise, here and now, that no matter what happens, what you have to go through, I will always be by your side to pick you up when you fall. You just have to promise me that you'll never leave me, never pull yourself away from me. Please I don't know what I would do without you. I don't want to be that monster I was before I met you. Please just don't leave me."

Tears were streaming down my face. I meant every word, she changed me and I never want to be that bad person I was before her. I love her and I would fight to keep her next to me...

John

I paced back and forth in the eerie, dark office. My brain was jumbled and wracked with confusing thoughts. I believed Harry and I believed Micah, I knew deep inside they had nothing to do with Tony's death, but who else would be capable of such a hateful crime?

"Boss?" Michael's voice broke my jumbled train of thought, drifting my attention to the dark mahogany door.

"Yes?" I spoke, standing still, afraid that my pacing would make a big hole in the ground.

"Have you found out anything new?" I was curious and hoping, hoping that he would at least have one lead, no matter how big, one lead that would stop my thoughts from ramming against my skull and causing a huge headache.

"I wouldn't call it a lead..." he trailed off, concern creased on his features as if he was afraid of my reaction.

"What is it?" I moved towards him, his eyes resting on the ground, not one word emitting from his closed mouth.

"Spit it out." I was aggravated, I knew that the cops would find something, somehow to pin this on either Harry or Micah, and after what happened to Skye today, I knew for a fact she wouldn't make it. I felt powerless as if everything was pulled out from under me, like the time I lost Harry and Micah's dads.

The sternness in my voice seemed to snap him back to reality.

"Mr. Del Gallo was found murdered in his office, they checked the security tapes but couldn't find anything." My heart was thudding against my chest; I didn't know who was killing them and who would be next. I didn't know if the person was only targeting the Del Gallo family and their followers or others too. I was afraid, I wasn't afraid of getting killed, I was afraid of losing someone that meant the world to me.

Assassin X

I washed the blood off my hands, staring into the mirror that was placed in front of me. I didn't look like a stone cold killer, I looked like a concerned person that was trying to protect the people he loved the most. I walked through the empty Motel room, lonely as always, like I have been for somewhat years, concealing my identity from everyone, not allowing myself to get caught.

I sat on the hard bed as I picked up the photo of Skye, staring at it intently. Her beauty was impeccable, her beautiful brown eyes reminding me of her mother, her brown hair was the mirror image of him, the man everyone hated and placed on their hit lists, the man that no longer existed.

Every part of my being had to protect her had to fight for her, had to make her trust me, place all of her trust in me. I was going to find her and when I did I would never, for long as I live let her go.

"I'm coming Skye. You'll be safe..."