Chapter 52

“Well I know the feeling, of finding yourself stuck out on the ledge, and there ain’t no healing from cutting yourself with the jagged edge. I’m telling you that it’s never that bad, take it from someone who’s been where you’re at. Laid out on the floor and you’re not sure if you can take it anymore. Just give it one more try to a lullaby and turn this up on the radio. If you can hear me now, I'm reaching out to let you know that you're not alone and if you can't tell, I'm scared as hell, 'cause I can't get you on the telephone. So just close your eyes, oh, honey here comes a lullaby, your very own lullaby. Oh, honey here comes a lullaby, your very own lullaby. Well, everybody's hit the bottom, everybody's been forgotten. When everybody's tired of being alone, yeah, everybody's been abandoned and left a little empty handed, so if you're out there barely hanging on...”

“Shut up!”The man she once knew as her father shouted, anger surging underneath his skin. She didn’t know him anymore; he was nothing but a mere stranger.

“No! Someone needs to stand up to you for once, you were never a father, you never cared for us and that’s why I ratted you out and I absolutely loved it!” She whispered her hand reaching towards the gun that she took from their kitchen drawer, amazed that Harry had left it there. She pointed her gun to him, he turned around, and his eyes widening as he laid them on the weapon in her small hands. He leaned his head back, letting out a chuckle as he started applauding.

“Bravo, bravo my little cupcake, you never seize to amaze me darling, of course you’d be armed.” He walked towards me; she backed up, scrambling to stand on my feet. Avery lay crying in the makeshift crib he had placed in the middle of the room to lure her in.

“Stop, I’ll shoot!” She shouted, her hands starting to tremble, her hold on the gun tightening.

“There’s no need to be afraid of your father!”

“I mean it! Stop or I will fucking shoot you!” She shouted, her heart hammering loudly against her chest as she tightened her hold around the gun, her finger lingering on the trigger. Her finger squeezed the trigger, his fingers faster than hers as he fired at her. The bullet hit her ribs, shattering every part of her. Skye was not afraid to die, nor has she ever been. Her head hit against the concrete ground.

A loud bang emitted through the empty room, she felt the blood drain from her body, her vision becoming blurry as she slunk to the floor, Avery drifting into her mind before losing consciousness.

***

Skye

The nightmare I have been having ever since that night I awoke in the strange room Tyler had called my personal hospital room, once again awoke me from my slumber. I was gasping for air, clutching onto my chest to stop the sobs that were spilling from my mouth. I couldn’t tell reality from my dreams anymore, ever since that night I felt like something was missing, like a part of me was torn right from my grasps. The image of a curly haired beautiful brown eyed girl filled my vision, her beauty exquisite. A part of me felt like I knew her, like she was somehow mine. The beside lamp, that stood on his side of the bed, suddenly flickered on, Tyler clearly annoyed that I had woke him up again.