Chapter 41

Author's Note: This story is currently being edited. If you're a new reader, please comment, vote, fan. Whatever you want :) thank you! Ily

Ricky xx

"Your hand fits in mine, like it's made just for me but bear this in mind; it was meant to be and I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks and it all makes sense to me

I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile, You've never loved your stomach or your thighs. The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine, but I'll love them endlessly

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth, but if I do, It's you; oh it's you they add up to. I'm in love with you and all these little things.

You can't go to bed without a cup of tea and maybe that's the reason that you talk in your sleep and all those conversation are the secrets that I keep, though it makes no sense to me.

I know you've never loved the sound of your voice on tape. You never want to know how much weigh. You still have to squeeze into your jeans, but you're perfect to me.

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth, but if I do, It's you; oh it's you they add up to. I'm in love with you and all these little things."

Skye

*5 weeks later*

It felt like an eternity till I could see the actual day light once again. The artificial lighting starting to sting my eyes, being confined to a bed for five weeks, enough to push any normal person over the edge. I sat in the car; my eyes glancing now and then towards the five week old new born that lay peacefully in her car seat, fast asleep, small brown ringlets falling over her perfect features. My eyes travelled down towards my tummy, the place I had protected her for six months.

"I'm fat." I groaned, annoyed with my slight plump appearance. He remained silent, not one word falling from his lips as complete and utter silence emitted through the black SUV.

"Did you hear me?" I questioned, his eyes remaining fixated on the road before him. He nodded slightly, still not making any eye contact.

"And?" Annoyance burned in my voice, hating the fact that I was practically talking to myself.

"Honestly Skye, I have no idea what to say, no, wait let me rephrase that. I'm too scared to say anything because you might just slap me again and to be honest that really did hurt." He cringed slightly as the memories of me slapping him a few weeks ago raced through his mind. I giggled, placing my hand on his leg.

"Have I ever told you I loved you?" I cooed, facing the curly haired beauty that sat to my left, the father of my beautiful daughter. His green eyes finally connecting with mine, making my knees go weak.

"Yes, but I'd love to hear it again." My lips connected with his cheek, his attention yet again diverting to the road on which we were driving.

"I love you too fatty." He murmured jokingly, as I giggled at his use of words.

***

I took in a deep breath as my foot stepped over the threshold, feeling able to be calm in a long time, feeling safe for the first time in a long time.

"Did you finish the baby room?" I questioned as Harry walked in carrying Avery, the look he had engraved on his face whenever he saw our little angel was enough to weaken my knees. He nodded, leading me down the hall to the big light pink door, Avery's name written in big letters on the door. My heart was slightly pounding in my throat as I thought about how the room would look, afraid that I left this project in the incapable hands of Harry and Avery's uncles. He opened the door, the smell of baby powder and Johnson and Johnson's baby cream lingering in my nostrils. The room was a light shade of pink and lavender, her name written above her dark wooden crib in a shocking pink. Everything was picture perfect, I rubbed my eyes, mentally pinching myself to wake up, but I wasn't in a dream. His eyes burned through my entirety, waiting for me to say something, my mouth agape yet no words falling from it.

"And?" he questioned, placing the sleeping Avery in her crib, slowly scared that he might wake her from her serene slumber. I walked over to him, placing my arms around his middle.

"I absolutely love it, are you sure you did this?" I questioned in awe, my eyes scanning over the princess style room. His chest rumbled underneath my hold, chuckling lowly cautious about making any noise.

"Yes you goof. Now my beauty, you go take a bath and I will make us some dinner." He placed his forefinger under my chin, tilting my head up so that his eyes could capture mine.

"Are you sick?" I cocked my eyebrow, moving away from him slightly. Ever since I was taken into hospital, he had never left my side, never allowed me to do anything that might cause me any sense of harm, taking care of me lovingly.

"No, I just love you, so go bath now." He turned me around, slapping my bum as I walked out of the baby room.

***

I ran the bath water in the big spacious tub, placing my hand under the faucet, testing the temperature. I felt an uneasy and eerie feeling finger up and down my spine. Goosebumps emitted on my cold skin, I shook my head, ridding the daze that clouded my mind.

"Don't be stupid! You're alone." I whispered to myself, trying to calm every sense that lingered in my being as I started to undress.

The warm water prickled my sensitive skin, washing away the aches and pains that ran through my body. The past five weeks being way too much for my tiny body to handle. I closed my eyes, taking in the amazing feeling of the water rushing over me, in.

My eyes snapped open as I heard a thud in the bedroom. My heart thudded against my chest as horrifying images played in my mind.

"Harry?" I called, praying that he would answer, the room was silent.

"Harry?" I called yet again, my voice more urgent and laced with panic. The door creaked open, my heart jumping into my throat as I moved my back to the edge of the bath, closest to the wall.

"Yes?" His curly mop popped around the door, revealing his inquisitive eyes. I felt myself let out a shaky breath, relieved to see him.

"Did you drop something?" I questioned, trying deeply to hide that I was just freaked out of my skin. He nodded a slight blush creeping on his cheeks.

"I was going to surprise you with our dinner in bed with a movie, but I guess you know now." He scratched the nape of his neck as he looked to the ground. I smiled as I got out of the bath, wrapping a towel around my wet body.

"I love you, my goof." I whispered, snaking my arms around his neck as I placed a sweet lingering kiss to his lips.