Chapter 46

Author's Note: This story is currently being edited. If you're a new reader, please comment, vote, fan. Whatever you want :) thank you! Ily

Ricky xx

"Baby, some tears never dry

I used to think that we could work it out. I used to think that if we had some problems, I always thought if there was love around. No matter what, I always thought we'll solve it.

Now, everyday we're in an argument. It's like a circle that don't ever end. We're keeping' secrets and we're telling lies. Whatever's wrong, let's make it right 'cause I,

I don't wanna say goodbye. 'Cause my heart couldn't take it, baby, give me one more try

I don't wanna have to cry. 'Cause I know if we lose it. Baby, some tears never dry. Baby, some tears never dry. Now, what happened to our movie nights? Girl, I thought that we would always have them. I used to make you laugh like all the time. Now, I don't ever, we got a problem

Lately, you never ask about my day and on the phone we got nothing to say/ I get the feeling something's going on. Whatever's wrong, let's make it right 'cause I

I don't wanna say goodbye. 'Cause my heart couldn't take it, baby, give me one more try

I don't wanna have to cry. 'Cause I know if we lose it. Baby, some tears never dry. Baby, some tears never dry."

Skye

I drove up to the dark and familiar house and that I once knew so well. A flickering light was emitting from the blinds in what looked like the living room. I took in a deep breath, trying to remember the last time I had seen him. I parked the roaring car in front of his garage. My hands were shaking at my sides, the keys rattling in my left hand. I knocked on the door, the loud sound haunting me, making me more nervous than I already was.

"Hey." He whispered analyzing my tired expression.

"Why are you eyes so red? Have you been crying?" He questioned, opening his arms. I let myself fall in his warm protecting embrace as he rubbed soothing circles on my back.

"They took my daughter, Giovanni. I don't know who but she's in danger, I can feel it." I sobbed into his chest, Giovanni had been my childhood friend, we grew up together but when he decided to be a cop everyone turned their backs on him, everyone except for me.

"Come in. we'll find her I promise." For the first time in a while, I actually felt truth among those words. I gave him the letter as I walked past him towards the living room, the smell of the room comforting me, making me think of my family before they were ripped from my embrace.

His eyes scanned over the written words multiple times, only making me worry even more than I already was.

"So?" I questioned, the silence killing me slowly, I needed to know what the riddle meant, I needed to know where to find Avery.

"The maker makes it, but doesn't use it... The buyer buys it, but doesn't need it... The one who needs it, but never knows it... What is it? The writer is talking about a coffin?" He swallowed searching my expression for any sign of panic. I remained motionless, my brain not allowing me to comprehend what he had just said.

"I won't let anything happen to her Skye, you can trust me and you know that." I nodded, trying desperately to stop the tears from falling.

***

I sat in the car, replaying the conversation I had with Giovanni, he had a plan, a plan he didn't yet want to mention to me. I didn't feel afraid with him; I didn't feel anxious and nervous of what was to come. The lights were off when I neared the house I shared with Harry, the nervous feeling suddenly creeping up my spine, I didn't want to lie to him about my whereabouts, yet I didn't want to tell him the truth either.

My hands were trembling again as I fiddled with the key in my hands, I was hoping he was asleep, I was hoping to avoid the confrontation that I knew was to come.

"Where were you?" His husky voice immediately questioned as I closed the door. I walked past him, making my way towards the stairs. I mumbled an 'out' as I continued to walk.

"I know that, but out where?" He grabbed onto my wrist, spinning me around to face him, anger filled every crease of his features.

"None of you wanted to help, so I went to the one person that would." I tried to get out of his grip, only for him to tighten it and pull me closer to his body.

"You went to Tyler?" he shrieked, his eyes wide open. I shook my head frantically, this side of him frightening me.

"I went to my friend Giovanni; he... he's a cop." I mumbled the last bit, his hand let go of my wrist as he stood back from me, he shook his head, a sign of disbelief plastered on his face.

"I told you I would protect you, I told you we'd find her. I promised." He whispered, his eyes looking pained.

"Harry, our daughter is missing, we don't have a choice, I had no other choice but to..." I trailed off moving towards him, he took two steps back, raising his hands in front of him.

"Don't!" He said sternly

"I can't take the sight of you right now." Tears started to brim my eyes as he spoke. I shook my head, trying to move close to him yet again, only resulting in him taking two steps back.

"Just get away from me, Skye." He murmured, turning his back on me, I stumbled back. The tears streamed down my cheeks, as I rushed to our room. I fell on the bed, letting out all the emotions that were bottling up.

***

I awoke in the middle of the night, figuring I had fallen asleep from crying, the sound of soulful strumming of a guitar filling my hearing, soft humming breaking the deadly silence. I got up from the bed, making my way towards the dark and cold living room.

Harry sat near the side table lamp, the light illuminating his features. A guitar lay in his lap as his fingers strummed the strings, his voice angelic; I leaned against the wall, staying silent and just listening. Tears streamed down his cheeks as he started to sing.

"I can't wait to see your face

I can't wait to hold your hands

I can't wait to take you places and watch you try to understand

But until I do Yeah, until I do

I'll be right here waiting for you

I can't wait to see your face

And I can't wait to hold your hands

When you get here, it's off to the races

And we'll tackle all life's demands

But until I do Yeah, until I do

I'll be right here singing for you

Soon I will see your face

And I'll get to hold your hands

I know I'll have trouble trying to explain the things I don't understand

And until I do

Since I won't have a clue

I'll just sing this song for you

Yeah, until I do

And this is you-know-who

And Daddy's right here singing for you"

He broke down as the last verse fell from his lips, tears falling from my eyes as he sang the song for Avery. I rushed over to him, throwing my arms around his shaking body; he buried his face in my chest, choking out sobs.

"I can't do this. I need her." He gasped through tears; the sight of him this vulnerable broke my heart.

"We'll find her, I promise." I was hoping we would find her...