Chapter 44

Author's Note: This story is currently being edited. If you're a new reader, please comment, vote, fan. Whatever you want :) thank you! Ily

Ricky xx

"So far away, I wish you were here. Before it's too late this could all disappear. Before the door's closed and it comes to an end. With you by my side I will fight and defend. I'll fight and defend, yeah, yeah.

Keep holding on 'cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through. Just stay strong 'cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you.

There's nothing you could say, nothing you could do. There's no other way when it comes to the truth. So keep holding on 'cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through

Hear me when I say when I say, I believe nothing's gonna change, nothing's gonna change destiny. Whatever's meant to be will work out perfectly. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Keep holding on 'cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through. Just stay strong 'cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you.

There's nothing you could say, nothing you could do. There's no other way when it comes to the truth. So keep holding on 'cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through. Keep holding on, keep holding on

There's nothing you could say, nothing you could do. There's no other way when it comes to the truth. So keep holding on 'cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through."

Skye

I stared out blankly at the counter that was placed in front of me. My world seemed to crumble every time things were going great, everyone seemed to ruin it and I was starting to think that someone up there really hated my guts. I couldn't even cry anymore, I couldn't allow this to go on any longer. I stood up from the cold floor, walking towards the drawer where I knew my end was the thing that would stop everything; stop the hurt, stop the pain, lay just before me in the drawer. I picked up the silver handgun, taking a deep breath, I knew if I ended everything that everyone would be better off, Avery would have a future with everyone around her that loved and cared for her. I moved back, leaning my back against the dishwasher.

"I'm sorry baby." I whispered, I didn't want to leave her, but I had no choice, I needed to protect my little girl and this was the only way. I lifted the gun, placing it next to my temple.

"Skye, what the fuck are you doing?" Harry screeched, startling me as eyes snapped open, Harry stood behind Niall and Avery was fast asleep in Harry's arms. He turned to Niall giving him the sleepy Avery as he turned his attention back to me.

"We've been through this once; don't make me lose you again." He whispered, his voice was desperate, pained at seeing me in this vulnerable state. I remained silent, my finger resting on the trigger.

"Why?" He moved close to me, slowly and carefully, afraid that any sudden movement wouldn't send me over the edge, make me pull the trigger.

"I told you someone was watching me." I chocked, the tears starting to form as I saw how sadden he was.

"What?" His features creased with confusion, as he stared at me blankly.

"Look at the fucking note, Harry." I screamed, pointing towards the note that lay on the floor. He walked towards it, picking it up.

"Who sent this?" He questioned his mouth agape as he ran his hair through his curls.

"I don't know, it's not safe anymore. I can't let you go through this."

"And you think taking your life is going to be better for me? For Avery? Are you fucking serious. I told you I was going to protect it and I mean it. I fucking mean it, Skye. I won't let anything happen to you. Please, please I'm begging, don't do this to me. I can't live without you. I need you." He sobbed as he went on his knees in front of me.

"I can't..." I choked, his eyes were begging, begging me just to put down the gun, but I couldn't find the strength.

I felt a hand on top of mine, ripping the gun from my grip, I turned around to see Louis standing behind me. His eyes were filled with anger and laced with sadness as well.

"Are you fucking stupid, huh? Are you crazy? We've been through this. I have the right mind to fucking slap the shit out of you now, but I can't because you're a girl and your brother's would probably kill me for it. We will protect you so stop getting these ideas in your head." He shouted, as I cowered back, Harry's arms wrapped around me as the sobs weakened my body.

"I don't want you to get hurt because of me." I choked between sobs.

"And you think that killing yourself won't hurt us, please Skye. Harry got shot and this ugly sod is still alive." He grumbled, he wasn't angry; he was more concerned and didn't know how to express it.

"I think she needs to sleep this off, where are you sleeping pills, Haz?" He questioned as he turned to rummage through our cabinets.

***

I lay in bed, the peaceful slumber taking over my body, Harry's arms laced around me protectively, as if afraid that I would slip from his hold. I knew they were right, I knew that what I wanted to do wouldn't solve anything, but I just felt so helpless and frail. I was planning on redeeming that strong girl I once was, once before all of this happened, before I was broken piece by piece. I was going to be strong again, for Harry and for Avery.

A loud thud awoke me, Avery's cry filled through the room through the baby monitor. I didn't think much of it, I groaned turning around to face Harry.

"She's awake." I grumbled my eyes still remaining tightly closed.

"I figured, so go see if she's okay." He whispered back, turning around so that his back was facing me. My mouth fell agape as I sat up straight in the bed. I slapped him, making him groan.

"What was that for?" he questioned as he faced me, even in the dark I could see his mesmerizing glistening orbs.

"I'm her mom and it's your turn." I whispered back, causing him to chuckle.

"Well if you're the mom, you get up." He lay down again, getting ready to fall back into his slumber. I lifted the covers, kicking his legs with such a force to get him to move.

"Dammit Skye! What?"

"Get your lazy fucking ass out of bed and go see if she is okay, for fuck sakes Harry. I'm the mom and what I say goes, understood." He mumbled under his breath as he stood up from the warm and comforting bed. I let out a content sigh, laying back down, the big pillow underneath, engulfing me in warmness.

I started to worry as ten minutes passed and he hadn't returned yet. The baby monitor was turned off, allowing me not to hear a sound. I groaned, pushing the covers off my warm body. My feet padded against the hard wooden floors as I made my way towards her room.

"Is everything okay?" I questioned as I pushed the door open, his back was turned to me. Cold air filling the room, the window wide open as the drapes flew in the wind.

"Harry?" I questioned again as he turned to me, tears were filling his eyes, his features pained and difficult to read.

"She's gone." I felt my heart slow in thuds. I ran towards her crib, hoping that this was a sick joke. It lay empty, her blankets sprawled in her little bed, she wasn't there.

"What happened?" I screamed as tears started to burn in my eyes. Where was my baby?