Chapter 51

Author's Note: 

I've got a little twist for you guys, please let me know what you think xx

Misplaced trust in old friends, never counting regrets. By the grace of God I do not rest at all and New England as the leaves change, the last excuse that I'll claim, I was a boy who loved a woman like a little girl and still I can't let you be. Most nights I hardly sleep; don't take what you don't need from me. It's just a drop in the ocean, a change in the weather. I was praying that you and me might end up together. It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert, but I'm holding you closer than most 'cause you are my heaven.”

Zayn

“What?” He inquired; I took in a deep breath, before starting my sentence again.

“I think Skye is still alive and I think I know where she is.” His mouth fell agape like he was about to say something, but words did not seem to spill from his mouth. Even as the words escaped my mouth, I felt like a weight had lifted from my shoulders. He stared at me, his eyes were wide and his mouth feel agape, words were failing to escape from his mouth. I knew that he thought I was crazy, I knew which thoughts were drifting through his mind. The silence was killing me, I couldn’t take it. It made me feel uneasy, like I was trapped.

“Say something.” I pleaded, for the first time I had mentioned my suspicions to someone and now I felt like it was the safest to keep it in, keep it to myself and carry this burden.

“No!” He shouted, his fist connecting with the hard wooden table, I jumped slightly, startled by his actions. His face was tinged a deep red, his eyes were wide, dazed and frenzied. I had never seen him like this, he had never acted this way with any of us and quite frankly it was scaring the living shit out of me.

“What?” I breathily whispered my mouth completely and utterly dry as my heart thudded against my chest.

“No!” He shouted again, his hands slamming the desk lamp and the stacks of papers; they landed on the floor with a loud thud. I grabbed onto the edges on the chair I was sitting on, gripping it tightly, and my knuckles turning a sickly shade of white.

“You can’t give him false hope, we saw Skye die, dammit Zayn. Why would you even do this to him?” He shouted, his hands clutching and pulling at his hair, he was beyond pissed off, he was utterly infuriated. Hurt flushed through my entirety, he didn’t believe me, he thought that I was lying to him, that I was making everything up. Why would I hurt Harry? Why would I give him false hope and make him believe that the mother of his daughter was still alive only to crush him down even more. I knew how broken he was, I saw the way his life crumpled and shattered they day Skye died. I have always considered Harry as a brother, someone I could always count on, the one that I could trust and go to whenever I needed him.

“You don’t believe me, do you?” I shouted, my voice as equally raised as his, I was angry, hurt, more hurt than mad at him, how could he ever even thought this about me?

“I would never make anything up that would result in it hurting him, and that’s low of you to think that I would. I know that she’s alive for fuck sakes. I came here to tell you, because I thought I could trust you but I was clearly fucking mistaken.” I stood up from where I was sitting; rage was burning through me, fuming every fibre of my being. I grabbed the chair that I was sitting on just moments ago, throwing it against the wall as it shattered into broken shards of wood.  

“Zayn!” he shouted as I made my way out of his office, I couldn’t believe him. I couldn’t believe how low he thought of him. Out of everyone around me, I had thought that I could trust him, but I was clearly wrong.

The dark alleyway, leading out to the back of the restaurant was my escape, my way out from everyone that seemed to annoy me, that seemed to think I was some lying sod that got a kick out of seeing everyone around me hurt. Well I was fucking hurt too, Skye was like a little sister to me, I was there when the bullet entered her body, I was there when the men carried her lifeless pale body away, I was there to pick up Avery and console her when everyone else around me were comforting Harry. I let out a disgruntled scream, all of the frustrations that were building up, suddenly fighting to break free from their confined part in my body. my fists repeatedly hit the hard brick wall, my knuckles were aching, bleeding and most likely broken, but I just couldn’t will myself to stop. It felt good to hurt, it felt good to know that internal heartache wasn’t the only pain I could still feel, it felt good to finally let everything out that I had kept in. I had to be strong; I had to be calm for those around me. Well, guess what, I am just human and I could no longer keep all of my emotions bottled up in a jar that was threatening to explode.

Arms laced around my shoulders, pulling me away from the wall that I was repeatedly connecting my fists to, over and over again. I used all of my strength, trying as hard as I possibly could to break free from the tight hold that was pulling me away from my release.

“No!” I shouted, trying yet again to escape from the hold that was restraining me.

“Zayn, mate you have to stop. Just stop, please.” Liam begged, pulling harder, trying to get me away from the wall, trying to calm me from my crazed state that I was now caught up in. All the emotions that I so long kept locked up deep inside of me, all of the anger, the sadness, the heartache, the regret, now finally taking its toll on my body as I collapsed down on the floor, sobs emitting from my shaking body. I cradled my body within itself, trying so desperately to stop the hurt that was now taking over every fibre of me, every cell inside of me aching. Liam’s arms wrapped around my body, I was never allowed to cry, I was never allowed to show any emotion, but now I couldn’t control any of it that was unwillingly escaping.

“What’s going on?” he questioned his voice panicked, frightened and frantic. He didn’t know what was going on, he didn’t know about the secret that I was keeping.

“Talk to me, I can’t help you if you don’t talk to me.” He tried yet again to get me to speak to him, to get me to open up to him. My eyes remained tightly screwed shut, not prepared to look up at him when I was going to tell him what I knew.

“Skye’s alive, Liam. I know it and I know who has her.” I blurted out, his limbs tightened, his body stiffening around me. I was hoping that, unlike John, he would believe me that he would trust in my words. My heart was thudding loudly, beating like a drum against my chest.

“How?” he breathed out.

Skye

Eleven months, two weeks, seven hours and thirty-seven minutes, I had been stuck in this hell hole; I had been confined to this house, stuck in here after my accident. I don’t remember much, trying each day to think back to what had happened to me, trying to remember how I had gotten the scar that had sickly decorated the skin underneath my left breast. I wasn’t allowed to leave the house; I wasn’t allowed to be seen by anyone. At first I thought he was just trying to be protective, trying to protect me from any harm, but now I was starting to grow wary, suspicious of his actions.

The door clicked open, indicating that he was finally home. A part of me was dreading spending a lot of time with him, but the other part was happy that I finally after nine hours, had some company. He walked up to me, a big smile engraved on his cheeks. His lips connected to my cheek, placing a sweet kiss, slightly making me feel uncomfortable.

“Hello, my darling.” He whispered as he sat down next to me, threading his fingers through mine.

“Hello, Tyler.”