Chapter 48

I smiled to myself reading the feedback on Jake and I's new song. Jake and his team had finally released the song and it was doing numbers already. When I say everyone was loving it, I mean loving it. I was amazed and shocked seeing the love from the song. Ofocurse I expected it to do good, but not that good. Everyone was @'ing us and messaging us that morning with love, questions and concerns. Of course people began to wonder about Jake and I just off that one song. Wonder if we were an "item" and if we had anything going on. At the time Ofocurse I shot that right down. That was my bestfriend and nothing more. We just made some really dope music together.

"What you in here smiling about?"Chres asked as he walked into my room, shirtless per usual.

"I'm just reading the comments on me and Jake's new song. They're loving it."I said as I pulled some curls behind my ear, looking up at my man.

"Oh, he finally dropped it?"

"Yep."

"Let me hear it."He requested, sitting on my bed. I immediately went to YouTube, playing the song. He held my phone up to his ear as he listened to it. The whole time I couldn't read his face expression. He held the same look throughout the whole song. Ofcourse I didn't imagine him to have too many reactions. His girl was singing about being with another guy and having him on her mind. But at the same time, I didn't see it as an issue. It was just music.

"That's dope."He said once the song finished, handing me my phone. For some reason I was surprised by that a bit. I just didn't expect him to say that. I guess because I knew Chres. I knew how he was truly feeling, but he didn't want to come out and say it.

"Thanks babe."I said with a smile, locking my phone and tossing it onto the bed.

"Jake and his team are thinking about doing a music video as well. I think that would be nice."

"If they loving the song, they gone love the video too."Chres said, making me nod. I just knew they would as well. Everyone loved music and collaborations with Jake and I. I honestly feel like that's my best body of work I've ever put out. So much of my real feelings and emotions went into the music I made with Jake.

"When did you and Jacob meet?"Chres asked looking over at me. I remember just wondering where the hell that question came from. It seemed so random.

"The same day I met you guys. He was in a studio a few doors down from ours. Why you ask that though?"I questioned.

"Y'all just seem like y'all have known each other forever."He said with a shrug.

Everyone said that. That Jake and I seemed close and like we've known each other for years. When in reality he had just been brought into my life. You couldn't tell me that though. In my head I've known Jake since we were kids. The moment I met him it's like we literally clicked and I couldn't see my life without him in it. It was just crazy how every single guy that came in my life lowkey hated Jake and I's relationship. They was always so pressed over our relationship and I had no clue why. I guess they just couldn't take that he was my bestfriend and no matter what he would always be here. That is one man I can say have my back no matter what.

"I just can't get over this damn tour coming up."Chres said shaking his head as he stood up from the bed.

"I know right. It feels like we just got finished with the last one."I said while shaking my head as well. We had 30 days until tour began and that day was the first day of rehearsal. I was both overwhelmed and happy. I honestly was just ready to get it over with. I love being on tour, but it can be a lot.