Chapter 57 - A new murderous vampire in Mystic Falls

'' What do you mean that you can't come with me to the party right away? '' Klaus asked, narrowing his eyes in confusion.  

I sighed, staring at my reflection in the mirror. '' I have to deal with something else first. I'm sorry but I promise that I'll catch up with you later. '' I spun, to check the way my dress looked on me. It was a pretty sleeveless dark blue dress, stopping a little bit higher from my knees. My dark brown hair was styled in to long wavy curls and my emerald green eyes were sparkling. 

Even if the situation was serious I couldn't help it but to smirk. Man, I looked good in blue.  

'' Can you at least tell me what do you have to do? Is it something for your annoying brothers again? '' Klaus asked, raising an eyebrow.  

I shook my head. '' Something else. Don't worry. I'll tell you later. But now go or you're going to be late, '' I explained with a slight smile on my face.  

He kissed my forehead and showed me a half smile. '' You look as stunning as always, love. ''  

I arrogantly raised my head. '' I know. '' Then I smirked. '' I'm kidding. Thank you very much. ''  

He nodded and then speed away. The second he was gone the smile disappeared from my face and I sighed again. I couldn't help it but to be extremely nervous. The person that I was going to meet at the cemetery... I haven't seen her since 1959 when we met and I asked her if she could do a job for me.  

I speed to my car, sat inside and then quickly drove to the cemetery, completely forgetting about all the speed limits. A few minutes later I already parked the car next to the cemetery and then leaned back on the driver's seat, waiting for her t arrive. She insisted for us to meet here because she didn't want anyone to see her. That was one of the most important parts of her job. No one had to know that she was doing it or she would get killed.  

Suddenly I heard a sound and raised my head. A blue car parked next to mine and suddenly the door of mine opened and a figure sat inside. She looked at me and slightly smiled. '' Hey. A lot of time passed, eh? You haven't changed a bit. ''  

'' You're also completely the same, '' I replied, rolling my eyes. I always hated jokes like that between vampires. I mean, of course I didn't change. She and I were the same for more then 100 years.  

Her name was Reachel Harrison. She was turned in to a vampire when she was 20 years old. If you asked me her story was a lot more interesting then mine. She was a lot like Lucy. She didn't come from a rich family. Actually she lived on the street and she used to sell herself for money. That was also one of the main reasons why she instantly decided to take the job I offered to her. When she was 20 a vampire attacked her, planning to kill her. But then the vampire changed her mind and decided to turn her. Who was that vampire? My now dead best friend Lisa.  

Rachel earned quite a lot of money by doing her job, even if for the past around 50 years I was her only client. She was the person that you had to call if you wanted information about someone. I was paying her to look over Lucy and what she was doing. That maybe sounded a little stalkerish but the truth was that I was just worried about her.  

Rachel's blue eyes were sparkling under the moonlight. After the starting hellos and similar unnecessary crap she said: '' Okay, let's cut to the chase, the reason that I called you. ''  

I slowly nodded. '' What is it? Please, don't say that Lucy's dead. I mean, maybe we had an argument but I still care about her. She's like my little sister or something like that. ''  

Rachel seriously shook her head, making her dark brown hair fall on her face. She quickly moved it away and then looked at me. '' She isn't dead. She's here. ''