Chapter 29 - As I lay dying

- 3rd Person POV  

Klaus just walked in to the living room of the Mikaelson mansion. Then he suddenly stopped and narrowed his eyes. He stared at Rebekah. She was standing in the middle of the room, holding the last two bags of Elena's blood. '' Rebekah... What have you done? '' he slowly asked.  

Rebekah was crying. Her blue eyes were full of pain. She looked hopeless. '' I can't believe it, Niklaus. ''  

'' Rebekah, please, put that down, would you? ''  

'' It was me, '' she replied, crying. '' Not Elijah, Kol or Finn. It was me. I loved you through everything that you've done. ''  

'' Stop it, '' Klaus said, narrowing his eyes with anger.  

'' I was ready to forgive you every mistake. No matter how big was it. And you didn't even care, '' she cried. '' And now Alice's also dying. And it's all because of you! It's your fault that she'll leave us forever! ''  

'' Stop it! '' Klaus yelled back, furious. His blue eyes were full of anger.  

Rebekah made two holes in the last blood bags in her hands. The blood slowly stared dripping on ground, while she kept crying.  

Klaus speed to her and before she could do anything else snapped her neck.

***

- 3rd Person POV  

Stefan was standing in front of the door of the Mikaelson mansion. Damon was a little bit further away from him. '' Can you tell me why are we here again? '' he asked, looking bored.  

Stefan sighed and rolled his eyes. '' Damon, there's surely something wrong with Alice. I've been talking to Caroline before and she told me that her and Elena spent the day at Bonnie's house. '' 

'' And why would I care? '' Damon asked, raising his eyebrows.  

'' Look, I know that you are still mad because Elena turned in to a vampire because of her, but Caroline told me that Bonnie kept crying the whole day and whimpering something about Alice and dying, '' Stefan said, staring Damon's blue eyes.  

He already wanted to say something back to him when the door opened and Kol's smiling face appeared in front of them. '' Can you leave and take your brothers troubles with you, mate? '' he asked Stefan.  

Stefan was carefully looking at him. Kol looked a little bit different then usual. '' We want to see Alice. ''  

Suddenly they all heard Alice's screaming, full of pain. Stefan's eyes widened with shock. Even Damon looked slightly concerned. The screaming stopped for a couple of seconds. Then there was just the quiet moaning. That quickly turned in to screaming again.  

'' What's going on? '' Stefan asked, staring at Kol.  

Kol looked annoyed. He frowned. '' I'm not sure that you really want to know. ''  

'' Tell us, '' Damon snapped with anger. '' What happened? '' he slowly asked.  

Kol suddenly sighed. '' I would rip your heart out, but I'm not really in the mood. '' He gestured inside the house. '' Maybe it's better for you to see by yourself. ''  

They both slowly followed Kol inside. He walked to the closest stairs and proceeded to the second floor. The screaming got louder. Now they knew that Alice was in one of the near rooms.  

Kol stopped in front of a door. '' She's inside. Rebekah is currently with her. She'll explain you two everything. '' Then he turned and disappeared down the corridor.