Chapter 51 - Kol's psycho ex girlfriend is in town

When Caroline walked in the grill, holding hands with Pete at first I just stared at them with shock, then I slowly started leaning on one side, until I collapsed on the ground next to the bar stool I was sitting on. Caroline's head appeared on top of me: '' Are you okay? ''  

'' I can't believe it, '' I murmured and my eye flinched.  

'' What? '' she continued and pulled me up. Her blue eyes were staring at me, just like Pete's orange ones.  

'' I can't believe it, '' I repeated, this time a little bit more angry. I crossed my arms and frowned. '' I thought you said that you were single and ready to drown your sorrows in alcohol! I already bought a bottle of whiskey! '' I groaned and picked up the one on the bar and waved through the air with it.  

Caroline started laughing. '' I know. But it just kind of happened. And don't worry. We can still be drinking buddies. ''  

Drinking buddies my ass. If it'll continue like that I would end up sitting at the bar with Damon again and arguing about who's the coolest Salvatore. Really mature, I know.  

She smiled at Pete. '' I have to go fix my makeup. You two can share a glass of whiskey while I'm gone. ''  

Caroline disappeared in the direction of the restroom while Pete sat down on the bar stool next to me. He grinned and ran through his orange hair with his hand. '' And I thought that you'll be happy for me. ''  

I took a sip of my drink, rolling my eyes. '' Yea, yea. We're friends and everything, I wan't you to be happy and blah blah blah. But you know that she'll probably get back to Tyler as soon as he'll have a fight with Hayley or something like that? ''  

Pete sighed, getting more serious. '' I was thinking about that. I don't know. I like Caroline very much and somehow I'm going to figure out how to stay with her. '' A slight smile appeared on his face and his orange eyes shined.  

I grinned. '' Awhh, look at you, you little werewolf in love, '' I mockingly said.  

He rolled his eyes, imitating my face when I was mocking him. '' Shut up. I like Caroline very much and I really want this to work. You know I finally figured out how is it possible that you two are friends. She's a mean, evil, manipulative blonde. ''  

I stared at him with annoyance. '' Hey, I'm nothing like that. I'm brunette. ''  

That was when we both started laughing.  

After a couple of seconds when I finally calmed down a little I patted his back, still grinning. '' It's okay. If you wanted my blessing you got it. I just thought that it wasn't fair that you got together, I mean you were surely much more fun when you were single. ''  

'' You aren't single, '' he pointed out, raising his eyebrows.  

I smirked. '' Well, yeah, but I don't count. I can get drunk, do something crazy, kill someone when I'm in a relationship or not. Besides, Klaus and I are together for so much time that you could already call us a married couple. '' I wrinkled my nose at the last words and rolled my eyes.  

'' Oh, I see it! '' Pete said and his eyes widened. '' A wedding at the Mikaelson mansion, you in a white dress and the 'dam dam dam dam... dam dam dadam' music in the background and... ''  

That was when he stopped because I raised my glass and poured the whiskey in it on his head.  

'' Hey, what was that for? '' he asked, staring at me and frowning.  

I grinned. '' For having the most ridiculous idea in the world. I thought you knew me better. I'm not for marriage. And even if I would get married it would be like... '' I thought for a second and then smiled again. '' Going to Las Vegas and getting married there. ''