Chapter 6 - In the early morning

You know that it will be a bad day when you find the doppelganger bitch, ringing the doorbell at eight in the morning.  

I was still yawning and my dark hair was uncombed when I walked to the door and opened it. Elena looked a little bit surprised to see me. Then she got serious again and slowly asked: '' Is Stefan home? '' She narrowed her eyes, probably wondering if I was going to attack her or something. She was in luck, because I usually wasn't in the mood for things like that this early in the morning. 

I sighed and gestured to the stairs that were leading in the second floor where Stefan's bedroom was. Elena walked through the living room, still carefully looking at me. Five seconds later I already heard her annoying voice, telling to Stefan to turn his humanity on again, that she was reaching out to him again, some similar shit and some more blah blah blah... That got me wondering if she was mad because of something Damon did and quickly hopped to the other brother.  

I turned around to see the one that was probably the reason.  

A little blonde Original, trying to sneak out of the house.  

'' God, Bekah! You really had to? '' I groaned and sighed with annoyance.  

I instantly knew what happened. She slept with Damon.  

Rebekah slowly turned to me. '' Yeah, I know. It was a mistake. But that bastard tricked me. ''  

'' Yeah, that's Damon, '' I replied and nodded. There was surely a reason that Damon slept with Rebekah and I decided that I'll find out what it is soon.  

Rebekah raised her head and listened. '' Is the doppelganger bitch here? ''  

I rolled my eyes. '' At eight in the morning! I mean, I would prefer being woken up by a wooden stake, aiming for my heart. ''  

'' The last person I want to see right now is her. ''  

'' Shall we go to the grill? I'm thirsty for vodka, '' I said.  

Rebekah smiled. '' Why not. There's something I have to tell you, anyway. ''  

I nodded. '' Fine. Just give me five minutes to get ready. ''

***

'' Okay, so what's the big secret? '' I asked, drinking my vodka. The grill was almost empty this early in the morning. There were just a couple of people and Matt, working at the bar.  

Rebekah looked in to my eyes. '' Esther is planning to kill us all. ''  

'' WHAT?! ''  

Okay, I had no idea that I was screaming until everyone turned to me, wondering what was going on.  

'' Wops... I mean... What?! '' I quickly said, a little bit quieter.  

'' Yes. She wants us all dead. ''  

'' Didn't she create vampires in the first place? '' I asked, slowly narrowing my eyes.  

Rebekah nodded. '' Yes. I think that she suddenly feels guilty or something. Because is her fault that monsters now wander the Earth and kill innocent people. '' She shrugged. '' Crazy talk. Mother thinks that this'll save her soul. ''  

'' But do you know how she's planning to do it? ''  

Rebekah shook her head. '' That's the problem. We know just that Finn is helping her and that she needs other witches. ''  

Other witches... Interesting. An idea slowly began appearing in my head.  

'' Hey, what happened to you at the dance yesterday? '' Rebekah suddenly asked. '' I saw how you were dancing with Nik. But then you stormed away and he followed you. He was strange when he came back. ''