Chapter 54 - Another Mikaelson's in town

'' Why did I hear that Kol's coming back? '' Klaus spoke up just when I was about to leave the house.

I stopped at the door, turned around and leaned on the wall. I yawned and rolled my eyes at him. '' He's coming back. He has to help me deal with something... That's completely his fault. ''  

Klaus frowned and crossed his arms. '' What? ''  

I shrugged. '' Some vampire named Charlotte is in town to kill me because Kol told her that we are together. ''  

Klaus's eyes widened with anger. '' What? He said that you and him... '' he hissed and then narrowed his blue eyes. '' I'm going to kill him. ''  

I grinned and put a hand on his shoulder. '' No you aren't. '' I kissed him and then turned around. '' Anyway, I have to run. Do you need help with anything today? I'm getting bored of creating new vampires... ''  

A smirk appeared on his face. '' You don't mind, love? '' he asked and his blue eyes shined.  

'' Mind what? '' I boredly asked.  

He leaned closer and whispered: '' Being the bad one that everyone hates. ''  

I grinned and stared back at him. '' See, I don't mind being the bad one because someone has to fill that role and get things done, '' I replied. '' And you have no right to ask me stuff like that because in the end you are the one that showed me the dark side. ''  

'' Yes, you did learn from the best, '' he said before he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer.  

I laughed and kissed him again.

***

It was late in the evening. I was sitting at the bar in the grill with Pete and I was just having my 10th glass of vodka that day. Taking care of Jeremy was over because Stefan and Damon came back in town. I heard that they found out some things and that Damon almost broke the sire bond between him and Elena but she stopped him by saying that she loves him and there was some other pointless crap and in the end Elena and Damon stayed together while Stefan remained alone.  

Being the great sister I am I offered him to stay at the boarding house so we could eat ice cream and watch a sad romance movie that would help him get over Elena but he refused. He probably closed himself in his room and wrote about how much he hates Damon in his diary.  

'' Have you seen Charlotte again? '' I asked Pete.  

He shook his head. '' Nope. I have no idea where is she. ''  

I thought about something and stared at the guy at the bar. '' You! Marcus... Mick or whatever... '' Seriously, how was it possible that I never remembered the name of this guy, considering that I was spending more time at the bar then at home?  

'' It's Matt, '' he hissed, rolling his eyes. '' You want another vodka? ''  

'' No, '' I replied and leaned over the bar to get closer to his face. I stared in to his eyes and compelled him. '' Was someone here asking about me lately? ''  

He was staring back in to my eyes. '' A woman. She asked me questions about you. I told her that your name is Alice and that you live with Klaus. ''  

I slowly nodded. '' Okay, forget that I talked to you. ''  

I sat down again and watched Matt walk away.  

Pete was staring at me with a slight smile on his face. '' Sometimes I wish that I would know how to compel people too. ''  

I meaningfully grinned. '' And you are just a werewolf that stinks like a wet dog. ''  

'' Hey, I'm not the only one, '' he snapped, frowning. 

I hit the bar with my head. '' I know. My werewolf jokes just don't work anymore considering that if I mock you I pretty much mock myself too. '' 

Pete laughed. '' That's the fun part. ''  

I frowned, rolling my eyes when I heard a voice with a cocky English accent.  

'' Pathetic werewolf, leave my favourite hybrid alone. ''  

I slowly raised my head and turned around with an even bigger frown on my face.  

There he was. Kol Mikaelson. I haven't seen him for a while now be he still looked completely the same. Handsome, with dark eyes shining in a crazy way and an arrogant smirk on his face.  

'' You can be glad that we are in public, Mikaelson, '' I hissed, narrowing my eyes with anger.  

Kol's smirk widened. '' Are you drunk? '' he asked, raising an eyebrow.  

I rolled my eyes, annoyed. '' You know me. I'm always drunk. ''  

Kol now stared at Pete without saying anything. Pete was staring back at him for a second before he looked at me and showed me a fake smile. '' I have to... go. I'm going on a date with Caroline. ''  

It was an obvious lie. The werewolf was scared of Kol. Even if that wasn't a strange thing. Most people were scared of Kol Mikaelson. Probably because they knew that he was even more heartless then Klaus.  

Kol was seriously watching Pete that quickly disappeared through the door of the bar, then he sat down on the seat next to me. '' I don't think that your werewolf friend likes me very much, sweetheart, '' he said with a smirk.  

I mockingly grinned. '' No one likes you very much, Kol. ''  

His dark eyes shined. '' You like me. ''  

'' I'm currently fantasizing of ripping your head off, '' I replied with my sweetest smile.  

'' I always knew that you fantasize about me. ''  

I rolled my eyes and just ignored that comment, taking a sip of vodka from my glass. '' I'm really not in the mood, Kol. There's a lot of shit going on right now. Besides your psycho ex that's after me. ''  

He raised an eyebrow. '' What are you and my brother up to now? ''  

I stared at my drink, serious. '' What do the name Silas and the cure for vampirism tell you? ''  

I noticed how Kol froze, then his eyes widened with anger. '' You people are trying to awake Silas? '' he seriously asked.  

'' Not me but I think that it's in someone's plans.Klaus is trying to find the cure for Elena, Stefan is helping him. Rebekah probably wants the cure for herself and I'm going to help her. Then there's Jeremy tattoo... '' I sighed, tired and hit the bar with my face again. Why was everything always so complicated.  

'' The cure... '' Kol thoughtfully murmured.  

'' Yup. Current obsession number 1 in Mystic Falls. Are you going to join the whole thing to see who'll get it first? '' I asked, with my head still on the table.  

Kol stared at me, grinning. '' Do I look like I hate beeing a vampire? ''  

'' Nah, '' I replied and smirked. '' You are the badass Original. ''  

Kol smiled and then said: '' We have to find Charlotte, sweetheart and kill her. Then you'll tell me more about this hunter. ''  

I could see that there was an idea forming in his evil mind, but I decided to worry about the fact that he'll drag me in it too later. So instead I asked him about Charlotte. '' Wait what do you mean 'we'? Charlotte is a you problem not a me or we problem, '' I replied, frowning.  

'' Oh, I can just leave Mystic Falls again and let her kill you, sweetheart, '' he said with a grin.  

I narrowed my eyes. '' You wouldn't. ''  

He was smiling. '' You know me better then this, love. ''  

I sighed and finished my drink. '' Unfortunately. ''  

Kol just laughed.