Song Fic: Treat You Better

Your POV
My boyfriend, Alex, son of Ares, abuses me all the time. He gives me scars, on my arms, legs, face, and mental scars. I always end up crying in the woods, and no one can help me. He threatens to kill anyone I tell, he tells me I can't talk to boys. My life is filled with boys, my best friend is a boy, my brother is a boy, for gods sake my dad is a man! Leo invited me to come over and hang, he promised not to tell anyone. Or Alex would kill him. I want to leave him, I just don't have the courage.

"Hey Leooooooo!" I say opening the door to Bunker 9. Then I hear him blast up a Shawn Mendes song. MENDES ARMY! Treat You Better, I loved that song. Leo comes out with a microphone, and comes up to me.

"I won't lie to you
I know he's just not right for you
And you can tell me if I'm off
But I see it on your face
When you say that he's the one that you want
And you're spending all your time
In this wrong situation
And anytime you want it to stop." I smile at him, he takes my hand and twirls me around, I giggle.

"I know I can treat you better than he can
And any girl like you deserves a gentleman
Tell me why are we wasting time
On all your wasted crying
When you should be with me instead
I know I can treat you better
Better than he can." I look at him, and he had a serious, yet happy look on his face, like he means every word.

"I'll stop time for you
The second you say you'd like me too
I just wanna give you the loving that you're missing
Baby, just to wake up with you
Would be everything I need and this could be so different
Tell me what you want to do." He looks at me, and smiles.

"'Cause I know I can treat you better than he can
And any girl like you deserves a gentleman
Tell me why are we wasting time
On all your wasted crying
When you should be with me instead
I know I can treat you better
Better than he can
Better than he can." I listen and realize he sounds exactly like Shawn, I go wide eyed at him. He laughs.

"Give me a sign
Take my hand, we'll be fine
Promise I won't let you down
Just know that you don't
Have to do this alone
Promise I'll never let you down." He brings me close, that our chests were touching.

"'Cause I know I can treat you better than he can
And any girl like you deserves a gentleman
Tell me why are we wasting time
On all your wasted crying
When you should be with me instead
I know I can treat you better
Better than he can." He kisses me, I kiss back. It was like fireworks, nothing I ever felt with Alex. The music kept blaring, and it felt like I was in a music video.

"Better than he can
Better than he ca." Shawn Mendes sang. Our kiss was interrupted by Alex who happened to march in.

"Get off her!" He pushes me off Leo, and threw a punch at Leo. But Leo, luckily, dodged it.

"That's it! You drew the line! We're over, go make out with Drew." He stops and turns and stares at me. "Oh yeah, I knew that. I just wanted to see how long it took you to get the guts to tell me you cheated on me." I walk over and help Leo up.

"Whatever, you're nothing without me." I could hear Leo murmur something, and walks over to Leo.

"Okay, without her, you're nothing. She is everything without her." He pushes Alex, with his finger.

"Whatever, I never liked her." Alex walked out, like nothing happened. I smiled, I didn't shed a tear for him.

"I'm sorry, Leo. I was dumb not to notice." I say looking down at my shoes.

"I felt bad, really bad after listening you all those times when you cried in the woods." I look up shocked.

"You were there?" I ask.

"I went there to get out of the chaos and just think. You happen to go there to cry your heart out."

"Wow, Leo, I'm really sorry Leo."

"Don't be, if anyone lays a finger on you. I light them on fire." I laugh, and exit Bunker 9.