Chapter Thirty-Four

Grabbing my shirt, I pull the material up and gaze at my stomach

Grabbing my shirt, I pull the material up and gaze at my stomach. I softly poke the side of my bulging belly. I thought you were supposed to look radiant when you're pregnant. At the moment, I look like I've pigged out on breakfast and can't fit into a pair of comfortable jeans.

"What the heck?" I groan.

I turn from side to side to see the complete view. "I look so fat right now."

Blake's words swirl in my mind. He tells me I'm beautiful when I complain about looking fat. I do see the amusement swirling within his green eyes. However, I do laugh at his nightly jobs. We're both ridiculous.

Glancing at London, I see her crawl over to the bed. She grabs the blanket with her hands and pulls herself up. The blanket slides across the bed, but she manages to get to her feet before the blanket falls on her. London bends her knees and bops up and down while laughing.

She falls on her bottom and cries. Instead of rushing to her, I leave her be. London rubs her eyes with her fist before trying again. Once again, she grabs the blanket and stands up. Both of my babies are growing so fast, it's crazy!

"Come on, let's go downstairs." Covering my stomach, I walk into the bedroom and grab London off the ground. I open the bedroom door and walk downstairs.

Before I place London on the ground, I block off the stairway and shut the guest bedroom door. We've had to baby proof the cupboards since she's decided it's a fun game to pull everything out. Blake still can't get into the cupboard without struggling.

London quickly crawls away from me. I let her play while I grab my study books from the dining table to sit on the couch. I open up the book and start reading my course material. I keep an eye on London from the corner of my eye. She seems happy and less destructive today, which is a good thing.

As I get to the second chapter in my book, I hear a knock against the door. Getting off the couch, I walk down the hall. I half expect to see Angela with, but I'm surprised to find Tori.

Quickly, I open the door and notice the excited smile on her face.

"Hi," she says. "I wanted to congratulate you on passing fourteen weeks."

"Oh, thank you!" I grin.

It's nice to see a familiar face. I haven't had the chance to talk to my dad or mum since the incident. Angela seemed to hang around a lot to help me out with things. I think she's afraid I'll break down or something. I wouldn't be surprised if Blake told her to keep an eye on me too.

Having Tori at the house is nice, certainly refreshing. I don't think I could spend another day with Angela running around me.

"You're welcome," says Tori. "So, how is everything? I still can believe your fourteen weeks already!" The glowing smile continues to stay on her face, so I know she's genuinely happy for me.