Chapter Twelve

The light in the bathroom and the sound of the shower running wakes me up

The light in the bathroom and the sound of the shower running wakes me up. Instead of rolling over and returning to my sleep, I force myself awake and out of bed for the morning. I walk into the bathroom to surprise Blake. He has back turned until he hears the door opening.

"What are you doing, Ava?" he asks, looking over his shoulder.

"I want to shower with you," I reply.

Blake nods his head and opens the shower door. Slowly, I remove my clothing before stepping into the shower. Blake wraps his arms around my body and kisses my cheek affectionately. With a glowing look in his bright green eyes, he smiles at me.

"I love you, Ava," he says.

"I love you." I smile back.

Blake's lips meet mine in a passionate kiss that sends my stomach flipping and churning. The tingles of his kiss leave my legs wobbly and my heart racing.

He grabs the soap from the holder and rubs it over my shoulders, gently caressing the skin between his fingers. While his hands move over my body, I hold a steady gaze into his eyes. I love the feeling of his skin against mine.

I rinse my skin and turn the water off. Blake steps out and passes my towel so that I can join him on the floor mat. Before he leaves the bathroom, he kisses my nose. As Blake walks into the bedroom to dress, I'm left wanting more of Blake Rivers.

Drying off my body, I redress in my clothes and walk into the bedroom. Blake is dressed in his work outfit – bright fluro gear and heavy boots that always seem to make too much noise.

"I'll see you this afternoon. Rest up and don't worry about the house." Blake crosses the room to hug me. I squeeze him back and nod my head.

"I think Angela is coming by with another nutritious smoothie," I reply.

"Good." He smiles.

I walk with Blake downstairs. He goes into the kitchen to grab his lunch and I walk towards the front door. Before he walks out, I lean up and kiss his cheek.

"Have a good day." I smile.

"Make sure you rest!" He demands.

"I promise." I smile, laughing on the inside. I don't think I could sit by for a whole day without cleaning something. London wouldn't allow me to rest either, she'd be demanding to do something.

I'd better start now, or I'll never get what I need don't. I can rest when I'm dead, or so they say.

Walking into the kitchen, I grab the clean dishes to put away. As I close the cupboard door, the sound of London crying flails down the stairs. Abandoning the dishes, I head upstairs to tend to London.

Grabbing her out of the cot, I check her nappy before cuddling her. The horrible smell of poo wafts up which makes me sick. Some smells I can deal with, but not this one today. It's rather terrible.