Chapter Twenty-Seven

Blake decides to drive while I play navigator with my phone

Blake decides to drive while I play navigator with my phone. I don't know why he's given me this job, I supposed I can't be trusted to drive there? I'm a horrible navigator, though. I managed to get Kyle to turn down the wrong way despite the device listing out directions on the top of the screen. I suppose this could be a hidden talent of mine?

I type in the address listed on the pamphlet and wait for the device to load the route. When it's up and running, Blake reverses out the driveway and heads off. I press buttons on the stereo until twenty-one pilot's starts playing.

From the corner of my eye, I see Blake roll his eyes which makes me laugh.

"Aren't you tired of listening to their music?" he asks.

"Nope, never." I shake my head. "I think it's important that our little one grows up listening to good music. She's going to be a certified rocker when she comes out." I giggle.

"Aren't you supposed to play classical music, or something?" asks Blake.

"I'm going to give her a couple more weeks before we start learning French," I say.

"Seriously?" Blake frowns.

"I'm just kidding, chill out." I laugh. "Would you prefer Japanese more?" With a stiff shake to his head, Blake indicates to turn right and shoots off. I lean back in the chair and listen to the music and try not to freak out.

I've never been good with people, so meeting a room full of new people is daunting by myself. I know I should suck it up and get through it, but it doesn't stop me from feeling scared. I'd rather be the one listening, I've always been a follower in that sense. Well, depends on the situation.

Within fifteen minutes, Blake and I pull up in front of a large house. He parks at the bottom of the driveway. I give him my best pleading eyes as a last ditch effort, but the stern look on Blake's face continues. He's not going to let me back in that car until I've gone inside and talked about my problems.

"I'll see you soon," he says.

"You suck."

"I love you, baby." Getting out of the car, I walk up towards the house the bright white house. I look over my shoulder and see Blake waving at me in the car. The door suddenly opens and Eden walks out to great me. She waddles over and grips me into a tight friendly hug.

"You can invite your partner in if you like. We've got all the fathers outside playing with the children," she says.

"Are you sure?" I smile, excitement building up inside me.

"Sure." She nods her head.

With a wide grin on my face, I look over and motion for Blake to come. He kills the car engine and steps out. He walks towards us and casually greats, Eden.

"Hi, I'm Blake."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Eden. Welcome to the group. Would you like to come inside? The fathers are out back playing with the children," she explains.