Chapter Seventeen

The feeling of Blake's warm chest is soothing to my erratic heartbeat

The feeling of Blake's warm chest is soothing to my erratic heartbeat. The guilt of avoiding the whole subject of... has begun to bring a toll to my body and mind. I desperately want to scream it to the world, but I often think about running away and never returning.

Somehow, I think Tori had the right idea. Running away felt like the answer to my problem, but it wasn't going to be a good solution either.

I'm worried about what Blake, Kyle, or my parents will say about this. But mostly, I fear the people who will judge me for this... for the mistake they'll think I've made. For the mistakes Blake continues to make. I don't like people judging me, and I certainly can't stop people from doing it.

I could say it all I want, this isn't a mistake, but people wouldn't believe me. They've got their own opinions on everything and mine wouldn't count. I never seemed to count for much.

My phone buzzes in my back pocket, which sends me jumping upright from the sheer fright of the sudden motion. I shuffle to my side and pull out the device and find a message from Tori on the screen.

'Surprisingly, it's only taken three days for London to pee on Jude. I hope everything is okay with you? Xoxo' – Tori.

As I go to type back, I feel Blake's warm breath tickle the back of my neck. I'd have to respond to Tori's message at another time. I didn't know how to tell her what I was feeling. I'd have to somehow pinpoint what I'm feeling. Sadness, excitement, regret, anger, joy, frustration... I don't know if this is normal for me or if the hormones kicking in. I'm just a hormonal person in general.

"Just three days?" Laughs Blake over my shoulder.

"I was betting the first day," I reply.

"Same." He nod my head with agreement. "Why is Tori asking if you're okay, is there something wrong?" he asks.

"Uh, nothing, no, nothing comes to mind." I quickly smile and nuzzle my face into the crook of his neck to hide my face. Blake wraps his arms around my body and squeezes me to him. I squeal and giggle as his fingers find my ticklish sides. No fair, no fair!

"What are you doing?" I scream.

"What are you hiding from me?" I want to scream out, nothing, but I bite my lips and keep the secret from spilling out. I needed to quire a game plan to tell Blake, I couldn't drop this bomb in the middle of a tickle game.

When I don't spill the answers he's hunting for, he drops the tickles and moves to his seductive technique. As his lips find my neck, I spring up from my seat and walk towards the kitchen with a dazed feeling floating in the back of my mind.

If I let him kiss my neck for long enough, he'd be able to convince me to do anything. Blake knows me too well now. What if he already knows about the test I took? I wonder if he'd tell anyone. If Tori knew, she'd tell me about it.