Chapter One

My mind fills with crazy ideas of the future while my heart shows me where I need to be

My mind fills with crazy ideas of the future while my heart shows me where I need to be. People tell us we're moving too fast, but with Blake, nothing ever feels too fast, but rather, what next?

"Ava, I will throw this cushion at you," grumbles Kyle.

"Why?" I flinch back and cover my face with my hands. 

Kyle springs up and tackles me onto the bed. From the force of his heavy body, it knocks the oxygen right out of my lungs. I cough as I shove my hands into his side. But his big body continues to crush mine.

"But baby." He pouts, quivering his lip.

"Don't you baby me." I glare. His pouty lips have never affect me and they certainly won't either.

"Ava baby." His arms tightly wrap around my middle as he snuggles closer to my chest.

"You're only moving an hour away, Kyle, the world will orbite without you," I say.

"Dagger to the heart babe, straight through it." He winces.

Since I helped Kyle pack his belongings up from the move to his university campus, he's supposed to be helping me pack up my things to move to Blake's, but so far he's made more of a mess and nothing is packed. Blake is going to be here in a couple of hours to grab some of my belongings and so far I've come to realise I have more trash than anything else.

"I can see why your parents are forcing you to move to the campus, I think I've had about enough of you for a life time," I tease.

"Corruption," he shouts. "I blame this Blake fella of yours, filling your head with lies." He wasn't completely wrong there. Blake filled my head with a sense of optimism and fairy tales. Once before, I'd have been the poster girl for giving up, yet here I stand, stepping in a direction I never thought I'd take.

"Seriously, I need to pack." Kyle lets go of my middle so that I can sit up. I get off the bed and grab a box from the hallway and continue packing the stuff from my wardrobe. A lot of the stuff in my bedroom is stuff I can't take. Blake's already got a bed, a desk and everything else in his house. The only thing I'm really taking is my clothing and other personal belongings. It half feels like I'm not moving or contributing to the house hold.

Oddly, this doesn't feel like moving, just a very long sleepover I'm not coming back from. Blake had asked me last week to move in with him. I'd first thought he was half mad, bonkers even, but he seemed serious enough. Well, I'm packing my belongings to move, so it must be serious.

After finishing high school last month, I've been spending a considerable amount of time helping him with London. My parents were iffy of the idea, but I think they've rather grown to like it. So many people tell me I'm insane for falling for a man like Blake Rivers, but I'd feel insane if I didn't.

Perhaps the world would never understand the way I think or feel about Blake Rivers, but I also suppose that doesn't matter either. They aren't the ones making the choices, this is my life after all. Eventually, their opinions fade into the background noise you tune out. It just takes time to figure out how to ignore what they're saying.