Chapter Two

Blake grabs the last box out of the car and refuses to let me help

Blake grabs the last box out of the car and refuses to let me help. With a cheeky grin, he barges past me and walks down the side of the house. I quickly follow behind as we walk to our house, well, his parents' house.

While Blake walks upstairs to put the box away, I close the front door and trail after him. The few boxes I've brought with me are stacked to the right side of the bedroom. Angela made Blake clean out his draws, only for her to buy a larger pair to go into the room. We begged her to take them back, insisting that she didn't need to change her furniture to suit us, but she tore up the recept and laughed.

I have one night table, half a set of draws and the downstairs wardrobe to place my bags and coats. Angel had also brought a small cube bookshelf with baskets so that I can display my books and store my study utensils and notebooks. It was her welcome to the family gift, one I felt like I could never return.

"I'm going to make a start on unpacking my clothes," I say.

"Okay." He nods his head, a cheeky smile consuming his lips.

Grabbing the box, I open the flaps and start grabbing my things out. I refold the clothing and place it on top of the draws to sort later. As I get to the second top, a pair of arms wrap around my waist and cuddle my tightly.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Nothing," he replies.

With one hand, Blake moves the hair away from my neck and presses a soft kiss against my skin. His warm lips trail up and kiss the side of my ear.

"You're clearly doing something." I laugh.

"And what if I was, are you going to stop me?"

"No." I drop the piece of clothing back into the box so that I can turn around and meet Blake's lips with mine. I wrap my arms around his neck and draw his body closer to mine.

"Good." Blake's hands slide down my back and onto my bottom. In one swift motion, he picks me up and carries me to the bed. We flop down in a tangled heap, which makes me giggle with laughter.

"I can't believe we're living together," I say, chewing on my lip nervously. Blake cups my face with his hand then uses his thumb to pull my lip from my teeth. He gently leans in and presses a kiss against my lips.

"I want to wake up next to you forever, Ava, I'm serious." His words make my heart flutter like a butterfly about to take off.

"So do I." Living without Blake isn't plausible anymore. I don't care where we go from now, all I know is that anything in this life will be better because I have Blake by my side.

"I know living in my parents' house it lame, but one day I'll buy us a house and it'll be everything we'll ever need." I hope Blake realises I don't care where we're living, anywhere suits as long as it's safe and he's with me.