Chapter Fourteen

Blake sits on the bed with a mischievous grin from ear to ear

Blake sits on the bed with a mischievous grin from ear to ear. Dressed in a dark blue shirt and faded dark jeans, he crosses his arms over his chest.

"Are you going to tell me what's happening?" I ask.

"No." He shakes his head.

"What about London?" I ask.

"While you were in the shower, Mum came to pick her up."

"Again?"

"She actually asked to look after London tonight, I merely took advantage of the opportunity," he explains.

For a change, Blake has listened. He'd taken my feelings into account and has considerably stepped up to ensure I wasn't the only one keeping this ship running. I'd been promoted from the deck to the captain's cabin.

Tonight is another date night and I'm nervous about it. I don't know where we're going, or what to expect. I'm not a fan of surprises, they completely scare me.

"Trust me, please." Blake gets up from the bed and walks past me. He grabs a pair of black pants, a comfortable shirt, and a jumper to go with it.

"Fine." I take the clothing and get dressed.

Once we're ready, I follow Blake downstairs. We lock up the house and slip down the side to the front yard. We get in Blake's car and head off. As we drive around, I try to figure out where we are going by our surrounding. I'm completely hopeless and nothing seems to make sense.

It's not until we pull into the driveway and the huge sign, 'OUT DOOR CINEMA,' is staring me down, that I realise what's happening. Blake's taking me to the outdoor movies. It's been awhile since I've done something like this before.

The last time I went to the drive in, I was with my family and we watched a couple of kiddy movies. I'd fallen asleep in the back and Logan kept poking my shoulder to wake me up. I don't know if it was to annoy me, or so that I didn't miss the movie.

"Do you like it?" he nervously asks.

"Yes." I nod my head.

Blake and I park in the middle of the parking lot. He winds the window down and grabs the speaker from outside and clips it to the door. We're a bit late, so the previews are playing on the screen up front.

I take off my seatbelt and move the chair backwards while Blake grabs the snacks from the backseat. He opens the bag to reveal a load of popcorn and lollies, all mixed in the same container.

"Yum!" I smile, grabbing the container from his hands.

Opening the lid, I take a handful before closing it up and passing it back. I eat the popcorn before leaning across the console to hug Blake. The overly large piece of plastic digs into my side which makes it awkward to cuddle, but I make it work.