Chapter Nineteen

I'm excited and completely nervous at the same time - which is a huge difference from my usual emotion

I'm excited and completely nervous at the same time - which is a huge difference from my usual emotion. Everyone is coming over tonight to catch up since it's been a while. I'm excited to see everyone, which is why I feel so nervous. I feel as if Kyle is going to see straight through me and know what's up. Kyle's always been able to do that, so I'm scared.

Which is why I'm stuck trying to find something to wear . . . This news has made me incredibly body conscious. I feel like I need to wrap myself in bubble wrap and some baggy clothing to hide myself from the world. However, Kyle is going to see through me no matter what I wear, which is annoying.

I know I shouldn't keep this from Kyle, but that doesn't make me want to tell him either. Out of all the people I need to tell, Kyle is probably one of the scariest. I just . . . I can see the look of disappointment on his face, not again.

Tugging on a plain shirt, I head downstairs for a drink of water. As I walk towards the fridge, I catch Tori by the window near the front door. I step to the side and peer closer to find Angela holding London in her arms.

Dismissing the drink, I head down the hallway to greet the three of them. With London gone for so long, it's been harder than I thought it would be. I keep waking up during the night expecting to run to London's side to deal with something . . . but the house is quiet.

"Hey," I call out when I open the door.

"Hi," they both respond with smiles.

"I've missed my grandbaby," says Angela. She swings London through the air and tells her how cute she is. London giggles and kicks her feet excitedly.

"Hey, I missed her too," I interject. "So when do I get a cuddle?" I tease.

With a pout, Angela hands London to me and I grin with happiness. I cuddle London to my chest and rub her back. She looks up at me with her curious eyes and smiles. The feeling of London in my arms brings a sense of comfort.

"How's my baby going?" I grin. "I hope you've been good for your Mum." London looks away and puts her hand in her mouth, which makes the three of us laugh.

"I'll be home tonight if you need me to look after London," says Angela.

"You don't need to do that," I reply. I don't want Angela to feel as if she's the designated babysitter every time people come to the house.

"I won't get to see her for another week, so I want to spend some time with her," she explains.

"Don't worry, we can bring her around for the night. It'll be a nice break," says Tori.

"Great, I'm excited." Angela coos at London before heading back inside the house to leave us alone.

"How have you been?" I jump in first. "Everything okay with London?" If I get in first, then it means I can keep the spotlight away from me. With Tori hanging around asking questions, I think she might be the one to rip the cushion of denial away from me and kick my butt into seeing reality.