Chapter Ten

The empty wine bottle is placed on the ground in the middle of the walkway

The empty wine bottle is placed on the ground in the middle of the walkway. It's the only space that is clear enough for us to sit around in a circle. Tori takes the bottle in her hand and spins it around. The bottle slides across the polished floor before swirling to a stop in front of Ben. They both smile with delight before leaning across the floor space to kiss.

Tori grins like a hungry predator while Ben smiles like a delightful child. Tori leans in and kisses his lips then Ben leaves Tori lingering in the circle wanting more. It feels like a small game of cat and mouse has begun and I don't know how I feel about it.

I've seen Tori and Blake kiss many times before, however, it feels exceptionally weird that they might kiss now. Tori might kiss my boyfriend and it could become a game of cat and mouse. Blake would be the mouse and she might be the one to catch him.

"Your turn, kitten," says Tori.

Moving from my spot, I lean forwards and grab the bottle. It spins around and lands directly on Kyle. I've never thought about kissing my best friend until now.

Looking towards Blake, he smiles and nods his head to tell me he's okay with it. I know that I like Blake testing my boundaries, but I'm not sure how far these boundaries can be pushed anymore. Running down the street naked is one, but kissing my best friend certainly, falls into a different category.

"Hey, Kyle." I smile, turning to the right.

"It's okay, Ava baby, we don't need to kiss," he replies.

"If you don't . . ." warns a delightful Ben.

"It's fine," I mutter to myself, "it's just a kiss."

I slowly lean into Kyle and he does the same thing. As our faces get closer, my hair brushes in front of my face which causes Kyle to cup my cheek. He slowly brings his lips to mine and I feel utterly grossed out. We separate ways and smile.

"Good luck," I say to Kyle.

He leans forwards and spins the bottle. It whizzes around before landing on Jude. They both frown at each other with disgust before Jude opens his mouth.

"I'm game," says Jude. "I don't want to be involved with anything brewing in Ben's sick mind." The two stand up and slowly step towards each other. Jude grabs Kyle's face and quickly draws him close. As soon as their lips touch he's pushing Kyle away and they are taking their seats.

Blake grabs the bottle and spins it around. It slowly spins around and falls on Tori. Of course that was going to happen. Tori looks at me and goes to shake her head but I smile.

"For old times' sake." She half-grins uncomfortably.

"Yeah." Shrugs Blake.

Tori and Blake stand up and meet halfway. They casually lean in and kiss for a brief moment before parting ways. A sour taste is left in my mouth for the sight, but I'm comforted by the fact Tori seemed uncomfortable kissing Blake.