Chapter Twenty-Nine

The return of a destructive London makes my life feel like normal once more

The return of a destructive London makes my life feel like normal once more. I don't miss the sound of her crying, but I do miss spending time with her. It's hard to explain, but there's something fulfilling about taking care of someone else.

London splashes me with warm soapy water, which quickly shatters any kind of thoughts running through my mind. She giggles loudly, then goes back to playing with the yellow rubber duck floating in the water.

"Are you almost ready to get out?" I ask.

She looks back at the water and continues to play with some stacking blocks I threw in. The sound of the front door opening is like a timer going off. London doesn't get a choice now, Blake's home and I need to do other things, like cook dinner.

"Come on, baby." I smile. "You can play in the bath tomorrow." Grabbing the towel off the floor, I pull the plug from the bath and wrap the towel around her body. London starts crying and grabbing at the disappearing water.

"I'm sorry, but we can't sit in the bath all night." She starts screaming, but I don't give in. This is certainly something I did not miss . . . London's destructive modes where she wants everything her way. I knew this was coming, I'd spend enough time reading about egotistic babies in my text books, but having to deal with one by yourself didn't make it an easy practice.

I lay London on the bathroom bench and start drying her off. One of the toys on the bench captures her attention which sooths the tears. London starts chewing on the block as she looks up at me with a cute look plastered on her face. This is what I can handle – a happy baby.

Just imagine two screaming babies, ugh, that doesn't sound good. However, by the time this next baby comes, London will be much older and more manageable in regards to needs. Hopefully, she's happy to have another little brother or sister to play with. I think sometimes she gets lonely, like she needs someone else to play with.

"Ava, there you are?" I hear Blake call out.

"We're in the bathroom," I shout back, glad to hear his voice.

Blake walks into the bathroom and instantly wraps his arms around my body and kisses my check. He smiles down at London, who quickly returns the same pleasant greeting.

"Ah, you're back." Blake places his hand on London's stomach to wiggle her back and forth. She giggles, then raises her hands to be picked up.

"Are you expecting someone else?" I laugh.

"Tori asked if I could pick her up today since she was busy, I guess she found time?" I step to the side so that Blake can take over drying and dressing her for bed. I sit on the edge of the bathtub and look up.

"Yeah, she ended up skipping a class so that she could drive up. Tori and I had lunch today and took London for a walk around the park," I explain.

"You are going to sleep so well tonight." Blake leans in and blows a raspberry against her tummy before buttoning her clothes up. He cuddles London in his arms as he walks into the bedroom to take a seat.