Chapter Twenty-Six

The sound of the bed squeaking from movement jolts me to the land of the living

The sound of the bed squeaking from movement jolts me to the land of the living. Blake's lips meet the side of my neck softly in a smooth seductive manner, which instantly has me reeling for more.

He wraps his arm around my waist and squeezes the material of my shirt. I shuffle my body back, which earns me a deep laugh which rumbles through his warm chest.

The tip of his tongue touches the skin of my neck lightly. When I attempt to squirm out of his hold, Blake licks down my neck and blows cool air on the skin. A cold shiver crawls down my spine from the chill, which makes me alert and awake.

"Go away, Blake," I mumble as I push his body away from mine.

"Ava baby, we have to get up, it's late," he says.

Cracking an eye open, I reach out for my phone and see the time. Seven in the morning flashes on the screen. Late? This isn't late. This is way too early for someone to be awake let alone to be considered sleeping in.

I throw the phone over my shoulder and smile when I hear the device hit his shoulder. I snuggle into my pillow and go back to thinking about sleep and the weird dream I was having about cats . . . but my idea of sleeping doesn't last very long, seconds actually.

Blake's hand grips the side of my hip as he shakes me back and forth. I feel like a ragdoll being shaken by a small child, which makes me annoyed. To add, the sound of his laughter makes me even more annoyed. I can't believe he finds this funny.

"Come on, baby. It's time to get up."

"No, it's sleep time," I insist. "Please leave me alone." I try to shake off his hand, but Blake's persistent in the matter.

"Can you cuddle me then?" inquires Blake.

"Ugh, why are you being so demanding?" I grumble.

"Because I've missed you," he instantly replies.

"Fine, I'll give you cuddles." I abandon the warm comfortable material of my pillow to roll over and cuddle Blake. Sometimes it's a bit hard to fall asleep on his chest because he ends up fidgeting around, but if I'm tired enough, I'm out like a light.

As I curl up into his body, Blake wraps his arms around me. He shuffles around and eventually gets comfortable, thankfully. Blake lightly rubs my back and then suddenly stops. I look up to see the smile dropping off his face miraculously.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"I just remembered you're supposed to go to the support group today," he says.

"Oh really, that thing." I laugh nervously. "I can always do it another time. I should spend time with you," I reply.

Despite my poor efforts of avoiding the subject, Blake presses on the matter. While I think the group is great . . . standing around and talking to a bunch of strangers is scary. I don't know them from a bar of soap! I don't want to go by myself because I'm afraid.