tbh

"Cause baby, close just isn't close enough
Maybe my passion just ain't enough"

al. 💫

I could feel the sweat line form across my forehead as I inched myself down to the wooden floor. I yelped in pain as I rubbed my backside softly. My face seemingly twisted in a distressful manner as i went to grab a water bottle from a far distance, but I saw a hand grab for the bottle then pulling it out of my grasp. I groaned as I landed face down, my face planted on the wooden floors.

"You guys, I have a problem with my life right now," I mumbled.

"I couldn't hear you. Could you repeat that?" Nala said, sitting down next to me.

I lifted my head before staring her dead in the eye," I have a problem with my life right now! Could you here me then?"

"Yes," She said, rubbing her ear," Heard you perfectly fine."

"What's the problem, Lana?"

"Kalina, you're just so kind to me," Kalina smiled gently.

"Alana, on with the story already," Nala rushed.

" I have this neighbor who's pretty damn nice and he's really cute, but you guys already know I have Adonis. Adonis has been acting weirdly ever since we had the party a couple days back and he came over, asking to turn the music down," I explained.

"Yeah I forgot about that party," Marie said, crossing her arms.

"Exactly. Adonis throws a party everyday. Anyways, Adonis hates the neighbor next to us because he thinks he's a tranny."

"What's his name?" Marie questioned.

"His name is Ashton. He's a work at home artist. I mean he's beautiful in my eyes. He could be my muse," I chuckled at my words.

"He couldn't be a muse because he's a male, not a female," Nala said, as she placed the bottle to her lips.

"Obviously I know, but still he's kind of like my inspiration to dance."

I heard them coo and I shook my head, my face still buried on the floor. I sighed lowly, running my fingers through my curls. I heard my phone ringing across the room as I opened one of my eyes. I saw Marie remove her sitting position from the ground and went to retrieve my phone from my duffle bag. She placed the phone to her ear before saying hello.

"Hey, Don."

"At the moment, she's resting her eyelids. Could I take a message for her."

"Well Adonis, she's sleep and we just got done with a 2 hour practice. If I could take a message, it would be delightful."

"Alright, dickhead. Never ask me to dj at your parties anymore," Marie scuffed before hanging up the phone.

"What did he want?" I murmured.

"He told to tell you that you should be home at approximately 8:00 pm. He's throwing a party and he's needs you to grind up some "herbs" and make sure they're all numbered and named for his "customers". In honesty and true care of my cousin, you need to drop him. You're not going to be this little waitress for him at these parties, anymore. Come on Lana, you're better than that," Marie huffed.

"I do it out of consideration and love. I mean I would do something for really anyone if I think of you as a person closer than a friend."

"But this isn't healthy, you know. We just want you to be safe because you can really get yourself in some deep shit messing with coke and acid. I mean that shit isn't legal AT ALL," Kalina said, placing her hand on top of my own.

"It's just satisfying to see him smile nowadays. After his dad passed, he just isn't the same Adonis I used to know from high school. He's more harsh, less forgiving, even behind closed doors. He's aggressive to the point where I kind of have to put my hands on him, but you guys know I'm small. He could probably break me in two."

"That's what we've been trying to tell you when we all went to his father's funeral. He's not the same Adonis you've met in high school. He's changed and he's trying to convince you that this path he's going down is good, but it's not safe. I mean we've never seen you smoke, now you're surrounded by it almost every night. You gotta choose something else," Nala stated.

"You know what, you guys are right. I need to do me. For that exact reason, I won't go back to my house for the party. We can all just hang out tonight, go see a movie or something like that," I exclaimed , sitting up while folding my hands.

"Exactly!" They exclaimed in unison.

"And I'm going to tell him that I won't be coming to the party," I said again, getting up to grab my phone.

"Wait, seriously?" Kalina questioned, quirking her eyebrows together.

"Yeah, I hate those parties , and I hate wearing those tight black clothes because "they show my curves". It's uncomfortable for my stomach and back."

They nodded their head before going off to grab their things. I picked up my phone to see all of the text messages from Adonis then I seen a text from a number I haven't seen before. I raised my eyebrow questioningly before opening my phone.

xxx-xxx-xxxx: Sorry if this may sound weird, but I have a friend name Calum who's well known for his dancing and he says he knows of your presence. If you wondering who it is. It's ashton :).

I smiled at the text message before texting him back, telling him it's okay. I just was shocked a little that he knew my dance partner from high school. I opened my call log and called Adonis. The phone rang until I heard a voice, coughing and laughing.

"Alana, where are you? I brought you a whole outfit and everything. You need to be here ASAP because I-"

"Get someone else to do it," I simply said, picking up my bag.

"What the fuck do you mean "get someone else". I didn't say I needed someone else. I said I needed you to do it, bitch."

"And I said get someone else to do it. You think you're so big and bad. I'm going out with the girls. You might wanna get one your sides to do that shit because I'm through with it," I huffed.

"No you're going to-"

I soon hung up the phone, placing it in my joggers pocket. I looked over to see Marie and Kalina clapping while Nala smiling brightly. I sighed calmly before telling them to come on, as they started to list choices on where to go.

a/n: hello, sorry for the weird author's note last chapter but let's talk about this chapter. Alana wasn't up for it nor were the other girls. Alana doesn't wanna get caught but she loves Adonis so much (sorry for so many a names). Ashton also got her number through Calum (little bitch) and getting in contact with her. That's mostly it and I'll talk to you guys in the next chapter.

-Love and Kisses
Rich

partynextdoor // a.i On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara