fwu

"And if you think about me, I'm 'bout to think about you"

as.

I stood in front of my closet with just briefs on, trying to find something to wear on my date with Leigh-Anne. I pulled out this silk black button up with a pair of khaki pants.  I picked my favorite fedora and a pair of black dress shoes. I placed on a playlist from my phone, throwing on the khaki jeans before going to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror, looking at my new hair cut as I smiled at the short cut. I begin to brush my teeth, humming the words to Pressure by The 1975. I bopped my head back and forth, spitting out the rest of the toothpaste in my mouth.

I looked up, wiping my eyes. I could see the bags under my eyes begin to form greatly as I groaned. I heard a knock on my door as I ran down the stairs, unlocking the door and opening it. I was pushed to the side when Michael, Luke and Calum barged in. I huffed loudly, closing the door and locking it.

"What're you guys doing here? I told you that I had a date tonight?" I groaned.

"You act like you're having the date here. You guys are going out to a restaurant which means we could stay as long as we want," Calum stated, reclining the chair.

I shook my head before heading back upstairs to throw on the articles. I rolled the black socks up my legs, swearing every now and then when the material would catch my leg hairs. I placed the shirt over my arms, buttoning the shirt before placing on my pants. I buttoned the pants and slipped on a belt, reaching for my shoes to place them on. I rolled the sleeves up on the dress shirt before walking over to the mirror. I ruffled my hair, slipping on my hat and spraying some cologne. I sighed satisfyingly, grabbing my phone and turn off the music.

I made my way down the stairs, grabbing my wallet and keys from the table by the stairs. I peeped my head into the living room, seeing the guys sitting there debating while watching a match.

"I'll be back around 11. Don't touch my fruit and don't touch my paint. Could you guys do that?" I huffed, looking at them while leaning against the brown cabinet.

"Just go on ya' date and have fun."

I nodded my head before exiting the house. I closed and locked the door. I wiped out my phone, sending a quick message to Leigh that I'll be at the restaurant in a few. When I didn't get an automatic text back, I shrugged and walked to my car. I hoped in, pressing the button to start the engine. I inhaled deeply before pulling out of the driveway.

***

I sat at the table, fiddling with my thumbs and checking my phone very second to see if I got a text message from Leigh-Anne or not. I sighed lowly when I seen the digital numbers say "11:40". Many waiters and waitresses passed me, asking me if I wanted to order and I said I would wait. The restaurant was almost empty as many workers were just cleaning around for the messes caused by the customers.

"Yo, we closing pretty soon. C'mon, ya' gon' buy someting or leave?" The man with a strong unknown accent pointed at me. I shrugged, picking up the menu and looking through it.

I heard footsteps come up to my table as I gazed, my breath being caught in my throat. She stood there with her hair pulled back in a low ponytail and her face dancing with barely a touch of makeup. I glanced down at her feet to see one pointed directly towards the ground as she chewed her gum silently. I seen her look at the notepad before looking at me, her mouth ajar in the process.

"Ashton, what are you doing here?" Alana questioned me.

"The better question is what are you doing?"

"This is my moms restaurant. I didn't know you were into West Indian food," Alana chuckled.

"I thought this was an American restaurant. Leigh-Anne told me to meet her here at 7, so we could make up for lost time," I rolled my eyes, folding my hands.