daughter

"This is a message for my daughter
I hope you're nothing like your mother"

al. 💫

I held in a dramatic sigh that was coming upon my lips while I placed my hands over my chest. I couldn't stand the look on my mothers face once I told her I found another man that may be the one of my dreams. My dreams for her was to become to world wide dancer, performing all over television and congratulating her for my upcoming fame.

I gently knocked on the door, tapping my foot on the pavement. My nerves are racing through my body, one after another. I stuffed my hands into the pockets of my jacket, glancing around until the door swung open. My mother hair being in a more curly top then my long flowing loose curls. The harden stare placed still on her face with the tighten of her arms across his chest.

"Lan, wha' brings ya' here?"

"I'm sorry, ma', but I just need to talk to you. I haven't been able to be truthful with you, and I know how you're still mad at me."

The smack of my mother large lips floated tightly through the air as my eyes glanced back and forth hastily. She shrugged her uncovered shoulders, stepping to the side out of the door and pulling the sleeve that was slipping off of her shoulders. Her darken skin didn't resemble my own, an effective glow appearing on her skin among the light that shining from outside. I pulled the jacket closer to my body, stepping into the warm, cozy home that I once lived and cherish my well being in.

I slipped my slippery shoes off my feet, the water dripping from my body from the little drizzle that was coming from a previous storm earlier in the day. I shrugged my jacket off, tugging at the sleeves of the shirt I was wearing. I picked at the ending strands of the shirt, seeing my mother sit down gently on her favorite sofa, crossing her legs and wrapping two hands around a coffee cup. I decided to sit down in the love seat, crossing my legs and fiddle with my nails.

"So, ya' here to talk to me about what? Spill whatcha' got."

"So I've met a man-"

"Alana-"

"Ma, listen for one second before you jump down my throat. I met a man who's very nice, and I really think I love him. I mean I loved Adonis, but I really love this man, ma."

"You don't love anyone, ya' throw love around as if it's not important," My mother shooed off my statement, placing her round lips on the rim of the large coffee cup.

"I know what love is, ma. I was dumb to believe that I was in love with Adonis, but I was actually in love with this man. He treats me right," The smacking her teeth rang through my ears as I turned my head to see her shaking her head back and forth. "How can you say I don't love him when you've been with the same man who left you three times for having children? Where was Dad when Demetrius was born or when I was born or even when Dustin was born? He was nowhere to be found because he was never ready to have kids."

"Don't ya' dare bring ya' father in 'dis. He is a good man, even with his bad intentions. Ya' father treated his kids wit' care. Adonis was a monster, a complete idiot wit' drugs. Ya' can't love ah' man like that."

"I can love whoever I wanna' love. Adonis might've been a dumb highschool mistake, but I had to learn. I learned from my mistakes like the way you learn from your mistakes," I stood up from the loveseat, directing my finger towards her as she placed her cup down onto the coffee table.

"I don't you want falling love with anyone until ya' have ya' life in stable manner. Do ya' hear?"

"Ma, I'm grown. I have my own home, I work efficiently, and I know how to be financially stable. I just needed Adonis for extra support when I fell. I have this man now who's more than extra support to me, ma. He's everything to me."