break from toronto

"Tell me something, Tell me something good shawty"

al. 💫

I bit at the skin around my nails which was a nearly bad habit that I've obtained over the years while my feet intertwined with Marie's as she talked aimlessly about this new choreography that she created on her down time. I could hear Ashton's words float through my head, as I made a nagging face and mocked the words by mouthing them.

I must've look as if I was going insane as Kalina tapped me on the shoulder. I glanced up with wide eyes as they all gave me a questionable brow. I shrugged nonchalantly, giving a hand motion to Marie to finish her rant about the new choreography. I pulled at the tender skin before hissing in pain, every thought of him making me pull the skin harder than the last piece.

"Alana?" Nala spoke, her voice ringing through my ears as I glanced up to her with a disgusted, but confused facial expression.

"What?" I exclaimed.

"You've been biting yours nails like you've been biting heads off for the pass 10 minutes and you look like a cave woman. What's up, you haven't bit your nails since high school?" Kalina admitted as I shrugged again, placing the bag of carrots down.

"I've been going through some shit lately, nothing too serious. Let's just start working on this dance because we've got classes next week for anatomy and modern," I brushed off the subject, stretching my legs and grabbing a hold of my foot.

"Alana, where's Ashton?" Marie asked as I glanced up at her with an expression full of anger.

"I'm not sure, how about you call his girlfriend who has been fucking around with Dev and Ashton for the past two fucking years? He's probably 8 inches deep into his "wonderful" girlfriend," I continued to argue about the situation, at time mumbling incoherence to myself.

"Alana?" Marie called my name again as I gave her an angered expression with wide eyes. "What Marie?!"

"What happened between you two? You guys were just friends, close to being more than friends a couple of days ago," Nala asked, a concerned look on her face.

I sighed deeply, placing down the bag of carrots and wiping my hands on my pair of leggings," We were fucking around for a little bit. He helped me with my hand then he ended up fingering me. A couple of days ago, we weren't doing much but there was so much sexual tension. His girlfriend called asking where he was at, and she also said that I had some company over because my curtains were opened a little. He ran out and I told them that I'll be okay by myself knowing that I won't. The day he left, I felt this urge to smoke, but you know my ass didn't follow through."

"Alana, baby come here," Nala cooed as I rolled my eyes. She engulfed me into a giant embrace, nuzzling her face in my neck.

"Nala, I'm okay. It's just he's is a really nice guy, a nervous one to the public but a nerve wrecker behind closed doors. Ever since Adonis went to jail, I've been finding out a lot more because I sit and think about all those parties and pick out the little things."

Marie nodded her head, placing the bag of carrots in her lap as she bopped her head slowly to the song playing through Kalina's phone. I seen Kalina stand up, dancing to the song playing through her phone as I smiled. The pirouette was amazing as she jumped, landing directly on her feet and crouched down. I shook my head, chuckling when Nala was still clinging to me as if she was a koala bear.

"Maybe we should go out to eat, take our minds off of dancing and guys?" Kalina suggested, turning multiple times and still forgetting to plant her right foot.