candy

"It's loud and it's obvious
The strange shit I do
The things that you see"

al. 💫

Tonight was the night of my recital and my auditions. I could feel the sweat build up in my palms and I rubbed my hands together to relieve some of the stress. I ran my fingers through my hair multiple times, fixing it subsequently because of the strands that would go wild. I felt a warm hand settle at the small of my back as I turned my head. Nala stood there with the same costume as me, but with a motherly smile on her face. Marie ran up to me with my phone before gasping and dancing.

from donis baby 💕: hey, I can't make it to the recital. I know you're probably mad at me but I promise you I'll make it to you tonight with your celebration party . ;)

I shook my head, stomping my feet angrily. I was close to throwing my phone, but Kalina caught my hand quickly. She kept telling me to calm down as my chest heavy.

"Alana, look at the other text messages," Marie demanded.

I gazed back at my phone, looking at my other message threads. I quirked my eyebrows together, reading some of the text messages.

from flower child🌻:  hey beautiful. I just wanted to know if you're up to anything tonight . I'm free if you want to hang.

to flower child 🌻: sorry but, got recitals and my auditions.

from flower child 🌻: okay, maybe I'll see what that's about. If you could send me the address, I can come for mutual support .

to flower child 🌻: sounds good. Thank you in advance.

I seen the address of the theater as my eyes widen. I shook my head numerous times, running my hand through my hair. I felt Nala take my hands, making serious eye contact with me then saying," You'll be fine no matter who comes, okay?"

I nodded my head , doing a couple of breathing techniques then smiling brightly. Marie clapped for the dancers that were just on stage as I gave them my consideration, earning my round of applause. I could hear the host talking about the next performers which was us. I held the girls hands as Marie said a quick pray. Once he announced the song we were performing to and our group name, we ran out on to the stage with large smiles and hope filling our hearts. Instantly, we struck our poses while waiting for the song to start.

***

We ended with a flawless finish, as the crowd roared with applause and screaming. We resumed our standing position before bowing, smiles slapped across our faces. We ran backstage, jumping and celebrating the way back to our dressing rooms. Many other contestants were clapping for us as we bowed our heads, signaling a thank you.

When we got to our dressing room, I fell on to the floor. Nala was right behind me, sliding down the room with her foot while Kalina continued to sing the song we just performed. I heard a little knock on the door as I felt my eyebrow cock up. Nala was sitting in a chair in front of mirror, twirling around to look at Marie. Marie shrugged her shoulders, walking over to the door. She opened the door before turning to me.

"Is this "Flower Child"?" She chuckled as I could see Ashton, but I could tell even if I was upside down.

I flipped over as I smiled at him. The short haircut made him look older in a good way with the scruff growing indescribably on his cheeks, chin, and all the way up his sideburns. The clean shave on his throat made me gulp a little, showing his Adam's Apple. The clean white shirt tucked into his dress pants brought a contrast to his slightly tanned skin. The black jeans were fresh and rolled with dress shoes. I seen him reach up for his fedora, taking it off before bowing slightly. I chuckled as he gave me an awarding winning smirk, looking at the other girls.