come and see me

"Never thought the circumstances woulda changed you"

al. 💫

"State your full government name?"

"Alana Haven Harris," I kept my handcuffed hands in my lap as they were connected to the cold metal table.

"I said state your full government name," The male stated harshly, slamming the folder down in front of me. I winced slightly, swallowing a lump in my throat before closing my eyes reluctantly.

"Alana Felicity Haven Harris," I responded, making direct eye contact with the older male.

"And your age?"

"21, just recently turned 21 a few months back."

"This file says that you're from Barbados and you have an older brother and a little brother. Your mother is Barbarian, and your father is British."

"You can say that," I spoke, still fiddling around with my fingers.

"Alright, let's just get right to it because you seem to be in a rush. You've been arrested and interrogated because of the fact that you are the significant other of Treyshawn "Adonis" Colton and the shooting of him. Care to tell me anything about this male and what he has been doing recently since he's escaped."

"All I can tell you that he was in my house today when I came home from class. I know nothing else, sir."

"Did you know he sold illegal substances?" I nodded my head confidently, easily answering the question. "And were you around the time he was dealing out this illegal substances?"

"Yeah sometimes, I would usually be working at my mother's restaurant or practicing along with a group of three girls. When he would make exchanges, I wouldn't be around to see them," I stated, lying through my teeth but the detective didn't notice.

"How would you describe your relationship with Adonis before this?"

"We were high school sweethearts if you want to say that. After his father died, I guess you can continue to the rest if you understand what I mean," I shrugged my shoulders as the detective stalked around the chair I was sitting in.

"And this made him sell drugs and become this wild party animal?"

"Like I said if you understand what I mean then you can continue the rest. Look, I'm not much help if you want to be honest."

"You are much help because you're his girlfriend," The detective slammed his hands on the table.

"No, I'm not his girlfriend and I'm glad to say that," I slammed my hands on the table in response to his actions.

Our direct eye contact with so tight and filled with tension that you couldn't slice through it with a sword. I moved my hands from the metal table, feeling the stingy sensation in my hands as I lowered my head. I chewed on the inside of my cheek, settling down in to the uncomfortable metal chair. I twiddled with my fingers, a habit I've grown to do when I'm in a sense of trouble.

My mind wonder through many things on if I would wind up in jail for distribution of drugs or even harboring a fugitive. I shook my head, keeping my hopes up while knowing that I would be innocent somehow.

The detective pulled a picture out of the gun that I used towards Adonis as I turned my head. I bit my lip nervously as I glanced back to the photo.

"Explain to me this?"

"A pistol registered in my name 2 years ago. I carry my license in my wallet that I carry in my purse with all of that being said."

"And what's your reasoning behind carrying this gun around?"