bout it

"She loves my style, love the way I sound
Love the way I talk, love the way I hang"

as.

I rubbed my hands together in anticipation, waiting for Alana to open the door to the bathroom. I wasn't in a rush for us to leave for our dinner date, but I couldn't help but let all of the impure thoughts begin to float through my mind. As if I didn't think of them ever since I met her, it just seem as if they became more frequent then before. I actually smiled when the thought of calling Alana my girlfriend.

I grabbed a tissue from the box and taking out a pen, starting to scribble out multiple things I didn't know of. It occupied my mind for several minutes, this being the thing I do whenever I'm waiting for something or someone. I heard the click of the bathroom door but it didn't open. I raised my eyebrow, shaking my head and continuing my aimless art. I then started working on my hand, drawing random dimensional shapes.

"I mean, could I get a little bit of acknowledgement from you?" I glanced up quickly before nodding my head and humming to myself.

I continued my work on my hand, turning my hand over to draw on my palm. I heard something drop to the floor as I turned my head to look at Alana as I gave her a disgusted face. My eyes then widen once I took in her appearance. My mouth felt dry and raw as I repeatedly open and closed it. I furrowed my eyebrows up, cocking my head to the side.

Her bronzed skin glowed under the dim light in the hotel room. Her slicked long hair made her features appear fuller as I couldn't helps but let my eyes follow down to her pink plump lips. The dress hugged her body perfectly but with a flowing feeling to it. I licked my lips slowly when she turned around, seeing how the color complimented her small undertones graciously. I shook my head, standing up quickly.

"I don't think we should go out tonight. Let's stay in and order room service," I nodded quickly, pushing her back into the bathroom.

"Wait," She begin to obliged, taking a good grip onto the door.

"Why? It would be nice for us to just stay in- and you know- just order room service before our last day," I tried to convince her, feeling the sweat beads begin to build on my forehead.

"Ashton, are you just saying that because you see me in this nice dress? Is this only for your eyes?" Alana smirked, raising her eyebrow in the process.

"No-yes-maybe-I'm not sure how to feel upon this situation," I admitted.

"Ashton, it's definitely fine. I still think we should go to dinner though. I paid good money for this dress."

"Alright, but it's going to be hard for me to keep my hands to myself because this is some artwork I would love to study," I stated as she buried her head into the button up I'm wearing.

"It's nice seeing you really dressed up, without the dry paint spots, henna, and moccasins."

"Well where I'm taking you, I had to make myself look quite presentable."

She hummed in response as I felt her hand rubbing small circles on the lower of my back. She held out her arm, signaling me to guide the way. I nodded my head, grabbing the hotel key and the keys to my car.

***

I parked the car by the restaurant, turning off the ignition before glancing over to Alana. She already had her eyes fixated on me. I chuckled to myself before sliding out of the car. I heard the door close behind me as I turned around to see the fabric place over Alana's shoulders. I paused in my tracks to await for her with my hand held out. She smiled brightly at me as we strolled into the restaurant.