Warm Bodies

I wanted to throw up. Vomit. Puke. Whatever, I just was soo very nervous. This was Mitchell and I's second date! Well, technically third since the picnic incident, but whatever.

The first date he kissed me and I felt like a million bucks! And then the second date was a lovely picnic but of course it ended badly.

Third times a charm? Ha! I laugh at my thoughts.

Then I suddenly remember that dude in the basement. Is he dead? A huge part of me did want him dead but then again, I think he was forced to come and do that.

Stupid Raul. Ugh. I hate him. He ruined my good picnic and he, or his clone, almost killed me! Good Lord, why did he want me dead? Ugh.

Anyway, I dressed in jeans and a semi-dressy shirt. I paired it off with a pair of silver flats and a hint of makeup. I didn't want to change myself for Mitchell at all. This was me. And he liked that.

My heart gushed at that thought. He actually likes me. Me!

I calmed my beating heart down and I breathed. In and out. It'll be fine. Nothing bad is going to happen this time.

While we're gone, Rafael will take care of Kelsey and that dude is just going to suffer. Okay, that's good. I don't have to worry that much.

I went downstairs and saw Rafael and Kelsey cuddling on the couch, watching TV. What a cute couple. It makes my heart happy that Kelsey finally settled down with a guy. Especially her mate.

Kelsey was the girl who only went with one-night-stands. She never really had a relationship. But now she does, it makes me smile.

It reminds me of that song by Ingrid Michaelson.

Everybody everybody wants to love

Everybody everybody wants to be loved

I didn't realize I was singing out loud until Mitchell wrapped his arms around my waist and said," You have a lovely voice. You should sing more often."

I shook my head and laughed. "No, I sound like a dying cow." 

"Dying cow my butt!" Kelsey shouted from her seat.

I laughed at that and tilted my head to look up at Mitchell. God, thank you for giving me this gorgeous soul. Thank you!

Mitchell pecked my lips and unwrapped his arms from me. He took my hand and lead me outside.

"Bye Kelsey, bye Rafael!" I yelled as I stepped outside.

They muttered their goodbyes and probably went back to their show.

I turned to see Mitchell opening my door. I smiled and slid in the car.

"You know you don't have to be all polite," I said to Mitchell as he got in his seat.

He started the engine and looked at me. "Do you want me to be an impolite, insensitive cad who doesn't give a crap about you?"

"Not at all. Sorry," I said.

"It's alright, love. Do you want to know what we are going to see?"

I nodded eagerly.

"We're going to go see Safe Haven. If that's okay with you."

"Of course. But I wouldn't think you wanted to see a chick flick."

Mitchell threw his head back and laughed. "Believe me I don't. But I did this for you."

"Do you already have the tickets?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"Well, let's go see something else then. I'm not really feeling a romance."

"Anything for my love," he said, reversing out of the driveway.

It takes a while to go to town since the house was in the woods. The ride was a bit quiet. Soft music filled the car but I ignored it.

I could tell we were in town the minute I saw the lights and the people walking on the streets. I saw the old modeling agency that I use to work at. I sighed and shook off those memories.

"We're here," Mitchell said to me.

We arrived at the movie tavern, oh how I loved to come here when I was a teen. I usually came alone, or sometimes with my parents. Oh it's been years since I've came here.

"What's wrong?" Mitchell asked me, obviously seeing my emotion.

"Nothing. I just really liked coming here when I was younger," I admitted.

"Well, I hope it makes you happy that I brought you here."

"It does, I promise."

Mitchell laughed and leaned over to kiss me. "Come on, let's go pick out a movie."

We both walked in hand in hand.  Ah, that made my heart gush. Anyway, we both decided to watch Warm Bodies. It's not that romantic or that cheesy. It looks good, since it does have zombies. Ha!

In the theatre, I ordered a cheeseburger while Mitchell ordered a chicken salad sandwich. Ugh, I'm a fattie.

I enjoyed the movie. It was good. I finished my burger and Mitchell finished his sandwich, his fries that he ordered, and his large Coke. Huh, maybe I'm not the only one that eats a lot.

"Did you enjoy this date?" Mitchell asked me after paying for the food.

"Of course I did. The movie was amazing, the food was amazing, this whole date was just amazing!" I said a little too eagerly.

Mitchell chuckled at that. "Well I'm glad you did. I don't ever want to disappoint you."

I shivered when Mitchell's nose made contact with my neck. He sniffed my neck and kissed under my ear. I shivered even more.

"Mitchell, let's get out of here," I said breathlessly.

Mitchell laughed and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. We walked out of the movie tavern and headed back home.

I was about to head out of the car when Mitchell's hand stopped me.

"Vanessa... I want to complete the mate bond."

I gave him a confused look. What? Does that mean...?

"What will you have to do to complete it?" I asked, not looking at him.

I heard him sigh. "Well, to be honest, we have to make love."

That made me nervous. Make love? I can't. I never had it before. I didn't know what to do. I-

"Vanessa, you don't have to do it if you don't want to. I will never force you to do anything you don't want to do," Mitchell said to me.

I started biting my lips. Should I let him do it? Do I want to? Ugh, Lord what do I do?

After a few minutes, I finally made up my mind.

"Mitchell, I-

_________________________________________________________________________

I wrote this book because I myself am a curvy teen. I don't have a flat stomach or a perfect height. But then again, what is perfect? There's not a "perfect" way to look. Everyone is beautiful. Big thighs or thigh gaps, either is beautifu. There's not ONE person in the world who is not. 

This chapter is dedicated to my favorite author and the person who inspired me to write this story. Conleyswifey, thank you for putting up your stories and inspiring me deeply.

Song and picture to the side -------------------->

<3 Lesley

~All Rights Reserved~