Luckiest human on Earth

I couldn't open my eyes. They felt like they were glued shut. I heard hushed voices talking, sounding far away from me. I felt a bed underneath me. I just wanted to turn around and curl up into a ball. But I needed my family to know that I'm not dying. 

After some failed attempts at opening my eyes, I finally opened them. I saw the bedroom door halfway opened and Mitchell sleeping soundly in a wooden chair. He didn't look comfortable, though. 

"Mitch-" I stopped midway because of the sudden coughing fit that went through me. Mitchell must've heard me cough, duh, because he quickly grabbed me a glass of water. I greedily drank half of it. 

"Hey, Nes. How are you feeling?" he asked me, smiling brightly. 

"I feel good, great actually. I feel relaxed." I said. Mitchell's smile got bigger. 

"That's great. Do you remember anything that happened?" 

"Pain in my stomach. That's about it. Everything after that, I don't remember." 

"Well," he rubbed that back of his neck,"You wanna know?" I nodded. 

"Black goo was pouring out of your stomach. I didn't know what the hell to do. So I went to my mother. She's an amazing healer. She helped you."

"So, we're at her house." I said looking around.The room we were in looked very plain, with just one drawer. 

Mitchell nodded. "Yep. I'm so glad you two are okay?" 

"Wait, you two? There's only me." 

"Ah, I left that part out of the story. I'm an Alpha and you're a human, you just couldn't handle being pregnant with the Alpha's child, so you're body rebelled. Those human doctors are dumb. I should've listened to my mom. But, yeah, you're still pregnant." 

I felt like my eyes were literally about to roll out of my head. A week ago, I miscarried, now I'm pregnant again. I felt like the luckiest human on Earth. 

I stood up and wrapped my arms around Mitchell. He buried his face in my hair. I was too tired to jump up and down. A simple hug is the best thing. 

"I'm so happy," Mitchell murmered into my hair. 

"I am too." Curse my weak body. I wish I could do like a back flip or something. I was so darn happy, no, ecstatic!

"Am I interrupting?" Nik was standing at the doorway. 

I shook my head and pulled away from Mitchell. "Hey, Nik." I gave him a smile. 

"You gave us quite a scare, Vanessa." Nik came over to me and pulled me into a hug. A really bone-crushing hug. 

"Well, I'm awake and breathing," was my resonse. He pulled away and smiled. 

"I'm glad you two are okay." 

I just nodded. 

"Well, come on, we have breakfast waiting downstairs." And with that, off to breakfast we go. 

Everybody else was sitting at the table, eating breakfast. When they saw me, they immediately swarmed me. 

"Guys, let her breathe," Mitchell said, not harshly, but I don't know, sort of nicely...? Anyway, they all let go of me and let me eat. 

"Glad to see you awake." I turned around in my seat to see a middle aged woman with blonde hair  and blue eyes. I bet Mitchell's mom. 

"You gave us all quite a scare. How are you feeling?" She sat herself next to me. 

"U-Uh, I feel fine. Great actually." She gave me a smile. 

"I'm happy about that." She held her hand out to me, which I shook. "I'm Mitchell's mom, Kiera." 

I smiled and opened my mouth to speak but she interrupted. 

"I know who you are. You are the lovely Vanessa my son has talked about whilst you were sleeping." 

Gosh, she was so kind. I never really had a motherly figure growing up. Just my dad. He never talked about my mother, but there were so many pictures of her in the house. I wonder what happened to her. 

"Mom, let her eat." Mitchell said to her. 

"Oh son, I'll do what I want." Now I see where he gets all of his "spunk" from. "You're father is coming home today." 

"What time?" 

"More like in the afternoon." 

Oh great. Now I get to meet his dad, who I bet is just as intimidating as Mitchell. 

"So, do you have any names planned out?" Kiera asked me. 

I laughed a little. "I want to know what the gender is before I pick out any names." 

"Any names in mind?" 

I shook my head. "Not really. We haven't talked about names." 

She scooted closer to me. "Well, you should've seen Mitchell earlier. He had a book of baby names, he kept on telling me the definitions and all that. He's so excited." 

Mitchell of course heard somehow and came into the conversation. "Hey, I'm getting prepared. I don't want to spend hours after the baby is here, just deciding on a name." 

I laughed. "What names do you have picked out?" 

"Ah, I'll tell you when we find out what we're having." 

I turned to Kiera. "When can we find out what we're having. I know it's going to be months from now-" 

"Actually you can find out at three-four months along in your pregnancy. You're carrying an Alpha's child, so you're going to have this baby sooner than any other person. So, you'll most likely have this baby at five months." 

Five months. Five months? Why so early? I want to cherish every single moment of this pregnancy. 

Mitchell cleared his throat. "Mom, let me talk to Vanessa for a little while. Please?" 

Kiera laughed and stood up. 

"Boy, you sure do have him whipped, though." 

_________________________________________________________________________

Who's ready for a sequal? Yep, I'm starting the sequel to this! Already have the first chap and the cover, which I made and I think it looks so profesh. I honestly don't know when I am going to end this. 

My kik is LesleysWorld. My instagram is awkwardlesley. That's really the only two that I'm on lol. 

Music and pic to the side -------------->

<3 Lesley 

~All Rights Reserved~