Surprises...

I hate surprises. I just wanted Mitchell to tell me where we were going. As I got it in the house, Kelsey was getting ready for work.

"Hey, have a good day at work," I told her.

"Thanks. Have a good day with your hunk of a man," she winked at me.

I blushed. Kelsey left and I went upstairs to change shirts. I honestly didn't know what to wear since I didn't know where we were going! Ugh!

I changed into a flow-y shirt and some glittery black flats. I decided to leave my hair down and put on some mascara. I am definitely not a make-up girl, but I wanted to look good for Mitchell.

Ah, Mitchell...

A knock at my door startled me. Mitchell popped his head in and smiled.

"I've been waiting outside for a while, love," he said to me.

I blushed and looked at my feet.

"I'm sorry."

Mitchell came towards me and lifted my chin. He unexpectedly kissed my lips and forehead.

"Don't ever apologize to me."

"But-"

"No buts."

As I finished, we went to the car. Mitchell gave me a black bandana. I was confused.

"What's this for?" I asked.

"Put it on."

I sighed and obeyed him. I tried peeking a little bit from the bottom, but it was impossible. I could only see a little bit of light.

I was shaking. I really wanted to know where we were going.

"Please, please, please, Mitchell, tell me where we're going!" I exclaimed.

"Don't worry love, we are already here," he told me.

"Great. Now can I take off the bandana?"

"No. Not yet."

I groaned. Mitchell helped me out of the car. He led me to where we were supposed to go. The place was hilly and probably grassy.

I heard people talking from a distance. Kids were laughing too.

"Take it off," Mitchell said to me.

I practically ripped off the bandana. I gasped. We were at the park!

There was a blanket and a picnic basket laying on the ground. Aw, a picnic. I've never had one.

"Sit. Let's eat." Mitchell sat down first and started taking out food from the basket.

I chuckled. "What made you pick this place?"

"I wanted to take you somewhere simple. Did you want me to take you somewhere else?"

"No! This is perfect!"

I heard him chuckle.

On the blanket was a variety of food. Bread rolls, fried chicken, salad, salami, apple dumplings, and delicious wine.

"How did you get all this in time?" I asked.

Mitchell swallowed his mouthful of chicken. "I sort of planned it already."

I laughed. "Did you know I would say yes?"

"No. But I hoped you did. And you did."

The dimples in his cheeks were beyond adorable. I haven't really taken notice in his eyes. A beautiful blue... and that hair! Gosh! I didn't really like guys with long hair, but this is Mitchell! What's not to like?