He's here

Trust me when I say that know nothing about delivering babies.

My mother told me that it was such an honor that an Alpha delivers his own child. Now she has me in between Vanessa's legs. 

"I'll help you, honey. All you need to do is catch the baby," my mom told me. I turned my head and gave her a wide-eyed look. 

"You say it as if it's so easy," I said back to her. 

"It is easy! All you-" 

"Guys! I am in pain right now if you can tell...I-"  Vanessa stopped as another hard contraction coursed through her body. When it stopped, she panted and gave me an angry look. "Mitchell, just do what your mom tell you to do. If you don't...so help me Lord-" And yet another contraction hit her. 

My mother moved me out of the way to see if Vanessa made any progess. My vision swam with black spots as I saw the head of my son. 

"Mitchell! Your son is almost here! Come on!" My mom wacked me on the back of my head and pushed me towards Vanessa. 

I looked Ness in the eye and I felt such pity. My girl was in pain and I couldn't do anything about it. 

"Vanessa...if I could, I would switch spots in a heartbeat," I told her. She gave me such a weak smile. 

"Oh Mitchell...sadly you can't do anything about it!" Her sentence ended with a shout. 

I felt like I was gonna puke. My stomach started to make such weird, gurgly noises and my vision swam again. 

"Alright, Mitchell, I want you to place your hands on the head of your son and gently." My mother said to me. 

I gulped loudly and did as she said. "Good, now gently, and I mean gently, give it a pull." Vanessa helped me by pushing so quickly. 

"Now, Vanessa, I want you to push hard on this next contraction," my mom said to her. Vanessa did as she said and pushed as hard as she could. 

Slowly, I saw the head of my child come out. Many of you would think this is awful, horrid. But seeing my child's freakin' head come out of Vanessa filled me with so much happiness. 

"Good son, you're doing good," my mom whispered in my ear. "The shoulders are next so be ready." I gave her a nod and waited for Vanessa's next contraction to come. 

"Is it out yet?!" I heard from outside the door. Kelsey. She came in the next minute with a wide, bright smile. 

"KELSEY LEAVE!" Vanessa yelled at her. I saw Kelsey's face turn red and she ran out the door. 

I looked down in my arms to see almost half of my son. The next thing I saw and knew was that Vanessa pushed and my child fell into my arms. 

I could care less about all that nasty liquid and goop covering my son. He was so small in my arms. My hands were the size of him. Tears quickly welled up in my eyes and I looked up at Vanessa. I held up our son, who was now screaming his arrival into the world.

"He's here," I said, freely crying now. Vanessa started crying too and she held her arms out for our son. I wrapped him in a towel and placed him gently in her arms. 

"Son, would you like to cut the umbilical cord?" My mom asked me. I smiled and nodded. 

She gave me a pair of weird looking scissors and told me wear to cut. Vanessa then delivered the afterbirth and my mom gave me a small rectangular bucket to wash my son. 

He was such a good baby already. He barely cried while I bathed him, only whimpered. When he was done and I dried him up, my mom showed me how to put on a diaper and how to swaddle him.