"I'm fine."

A week later, everybody was back into the house, which had gotten much quieter. I felt so blamed for what happened. Nobody talked about the ... incident. 

Mitchell's brother tried everything to get me to smile again. I honestly had no strength to. I mean, my child died, and Mitchell ... well I think he hates me now. He would tell me he wasn't mad, but he just wouldn't show any emotion anymore. 

You would think that everything would be so uneventfull, oh but let me tell you, it had some events alright. 

Let's go back to, hmm, I don't know, when I felt these awful pains in my stomach. Yay, fun. 

And go! 

Early in the morning . . .

Mitchell was gone before I even woke up. That saddened me. I wanted to see his sleeping face beside me when I woke up. Maybe he had to work, or something, I don't know. 

I didn't bother to look all nice, I just threw on whatever shirt and jeans I found. I went to the bathroom and I think I saw a monster in there, me. I looked terrifying! Bags under my eyes, my hair a mess, and my skin very pale. 

I wasn't going anywhere, so I didn't try to do anything about my appearance. I went downstairs afterwards to get some food in me. The days before, I never ate full meals. I only ate a little nibble of this and that. 

 "Vanessa!" I heard when I walked in the kitchen. Kelsey had a bright smile on her face and she hugged me. "You're up early." 

I nodded. "Yeah. Do y'all know where Mitchell went to?" I asked Kelsey and Rafael, who was cracking some eggs on a pan. 

"He probably went to go hunting." Rafael said to me. 

I nodded. "Oh. I just didn't see him when I woke up, didn't know where he was." 

Kelsey brought me a plate with toast and sausage on the side. She went into the fridge and got out the homeade orange juice. She looked at me. "You want some? Or do you want something else to drink?" 

"Juice is fine." I responded. She poured me a glass. 

"Hey, Vanessa!" I heard from behind me. I turned and saw Nik. I gave him a smile and sat down on one of the island's chairs. 

"How are ya feeling?" he asked me, stealing a piece of toast from Kelsey's plate. She quickly smacked him in the chest. "Get your own." She told him. He just laughed. 

I shrugged. "I'm fine." 

"It's nice to see you out and about. Planning on doing anything today?" He asked while spreading strawberry jelly on his toast. 

I shook my head. "Not really. Just eat and sleep." 

"Now, that's my kinda day. But, we should all do something together. Ya know, go eat dinner or . . . I'm bored okay! We need to go out and do something!" 

"Oh Nik, you can do something by yourself," Kelsey told him. 

"No! I want y'all to come with me!" 

"Stop your whining." Everything became quiet when we heard Mitchell's booming voice. He was shirtless with dirt all over him. 

"Hey big bro! Where were ya?" Nik asked, sitting himself next to me. 

Mitchell caught my gaze and he came towards me to give me a longing kiss. I pulled back breathless. 

"I'm sorry I left without saying anything," he told me. His hand was resting on my cheek. 

"It's fine. But where were you?" I asked. 

Mitchell moved away from me to go to the fridge. He took out a cold water bottle and chugged the whole thing in like, thirty seconds. 

"I was out running. My wolf wanted to get out." Mitchell started to make his own plate of food. Rafael had finished making the eggs and had them all on a plate. He sat down next to Kelsey while Mitchell stood next to me. 

My God . . . he looked so good with no shirt and jeans on. I couldn't stop staring. Ugh! 

"Vanessa stop drooling!" Nik shouted, snapping me out of my trance. I wiped my mouth stupidly and found that no sign of drool was there. I gave Nik a glare. 

"It's alright," Mitchell said, "Let her look." He winked at me. 

"Morning guys!" Aliyah was coming down the stairs with a big smile on her face. And a dark mark on her neck. Oh Lord he it comes . . . 

"Alexandrov marked you!" Kelsey yelled happily, jumping out of her seat. Aliyah nodded and Kelsey hugged her. 

"Congrats, I think," I said awkwardly. 

Aliyah just gave me a smile. "Thanks. How ya feeling?" 

"I'm alright." I said. She nodded and started to fix herself a plate of food.

"And Al?" Nik asked her.

"Sleeping." she responded. 

"Dang, how long did y'all do it?" Kelsey asked. Rafael gave her a look. "Honey-" 

"Raf, hush, she's gonna tell me!" 

I shook my head. Oh Kelsey. 

I stood up from my chair and put my plate in with the dirty dishes. Right then, I doubled over the sink in pain. I held my stomach with one hand while the other was clutching the countertop. 

"Vanessa!" I heard from many voices. I felt Mitchell's hands at my back. Then all of a sudden I was picked up off my feet and was taken up stairs. Every stair Mitchell took felt like torture. My stomach felt like I've just been stabbed. 

"Vanessa? Honey?" Mitchell was hovering over me. 

"Mitchell, make it stop!" I yelled. My God! It was getting worse! 

"Please, Mitchell, make it stop!" 

"What's wrong with her?" I heard Kelsey ask. 

Mitchell stood up straight and turned to her. "Go get me some water, and tell everyone to help somehow." he said to her. She nodded and went down the stairs. 

I felt a deep rumbling in my stomach, almost like digestion. I lifted up my t-shirt and I almost vomited. 

"Mitchell. . ." I whispered. 

He looked to see my stomach, black with black goo coming out of a hole somehwere in my stomach. 

"Oh my god, Nes." 

__________________________________________________________________________________

Cliffy! Hey there! Sorry I barely updated but I had A LOT to do. I have final exams and end of course tests boo

Dedication to my beautiful friend Angie :) 

Some music and a pic on the side --------->

<3 Lesley 

~All Rights Reserved~