At the hopsital

My eyes felt like they were glued together. I couldn't peel them open and it was scaring me.

"Easy, love," I heard that familiar gruff voice say.

Mitchell. He was there with me.

I tried saying something but nothing came out. My eyes were still sealed shut. Ugh, why do they have to do this to me?

I felt a hand hold my own. Mitchell kissed my wrist.

"Vanessa, slowly try to open your eyes," he said to me.

I did as he said. I quickly covered my eyes at the bright light. My eyes adjusted to it after a minute.

I looked to my side to see Mitchell looking guilty. He should.

"What happened at the park?" I asked, finding my voice. Mitchell cleared his throat. "First, I am not what you think I am."

Huh? Wait- no....he can't be one of those beasts.

"I'm a werewolf. That's it. Believe it or not, this is what I am."

I started stuttering. He was that wolf that got ganged up. He saved me.

"Are you okay?" I suddenly asked. He got attacked by all those beasts, he should be hurt.

Mitchell gave me a confused look. "I should be asking you that."

I looked at the wires in my arms. "I'm worried, that's all."

I heard him laugh. "I am perfectly fine. How about you, love? Are you in pain?"

I shuffled and winced as I felt my head ache. I reached up to feel a bandage wrapped around my head. The heck?

"Why do I have this on my head?"

"You had a concussion I guess. Here," Mitchell started unwrapping the bandage from my head. "Are you supposed to do that?" I asked.

Mitchell shrugged. "Your head will be fine. This banage is useless." He tossed the bandage on the couch on the other side of the room. My head started to throb immediately. 

"Mitchell..." I whimpered. "I'll call a nurse," he said.

He pressed a button from beside my bed and a nurse came in the room. She had a polite smile on her face.

"How are you Vanessa?" she asked me. "I see your bandage was... taken off." Her eyes went to Mitchell, who just gave her a smile. 

"I'm okay. My head hurts a bit, though." I responded to her earlier question. 

"I'll give you some Tylenol. I'll be back."

I sighed in relief when she left without getting mad at Mitchell. My head hurt as I remembered of the event that happened before.

The fact that Mitchell is one of those beasts made my head hurt more. Mitchell held my hand as I closed my eyes.

The whole scene of that day replayed in my head. Those...beasts hurting me. My ankle... It made me shiver and wince as I remembered all of that.

The nurse came back with the pills. I swallowed them and I immediately felt sleepy.

My head hurt, my ankle was beginning to throb, and I just wanted to forget what happened.

I felt Mitchell kiss my forehead before I fell asleep.

***

I thought she'd bombard me with questions or yell at me. I know that she is either mad or scared. She can't just be okay with what I told her.

She fell asleep after they gave her the medicine.

Kelsey came a while later. She gushed at the sight of me with Vanessa.

"So, you're a werewolf," Kelsey said bluntly. I had to tell her. I didn't want her to find out some other way.

"Yep, sorry."

"Why apologize? I think that's hot!" she said to me. I chuckled. I don't think Kelsey would ever get mad.

"You know that you can't tell anyone, right?" 

"Yes, Mitchell. If I tell anyone, they'd think I was crazy..-er!" I laughed at that.

Vanessa never woke up while Kelsey and I talked.

"Do you have a brother? Particularly single?" she asked me.

I laughed. "Yes I do and yes he is.  He's two years younger than me."

"Ooooo, so, uh, can I meet him one day?" she winked.

I laughed again. "Of course. Maybe you'll be his mate." I suddenly started to remember my little, annoying brother, Nik. I haven't seen him in forever.

"Mate?" And then I explained her the mate thing, blah blah blah.

"Hopefully I'm some werewolf's mate..." she said more to herself. 

In the evening, Vanessa woke up to eat and go to the bathroom. She hated when the doctor gave her medicine, which only made her more sleepy and drowsy.

"I hate being crippled," she told me. "Patience, love. You'll get better." I assured her. I grabbed a spoon and got some mashed potatoes. I motioned for Vanessa to open her mouth to feed her.

She smiled and ate a spoonful of the mashed potatoes.

______________________________________________________________________________

This week was the worst. I've been very depressed and stressed. I'm alone. I have no one. I need someone there for me. Anyway, this chap was a one shot. I honestly had no strength to write a very long chapter. Wooo. Thank you kaymaii for the new cover :) Vote!!! And music on the side------>

<3 Lesley

~All Rights Reserved~