Um...yeah

Rafael has stayed with us for three days. He's been so good to us. He gets up so early in the morning to make the whole house breakfast, which is delicious. Him and Kelsey have gotten very close these days. I'm curious if they've done "it" yet. Ha! I laugh at my thoughts.

As for me, my ankle is fine. My body doesn't ache as much as it did before. Mitchell has been demanding me to stay off my feet, but of course I don't listen.

Mitchell went and got some more clothes for me and Kelsey from the house. He didn't want us to go back. So you know what that means.

Yes. We are moving in.

Who cares if I've only known Mitchell for a few weeks? Who cares if Kelsey is already grinding on her mate she met a few days ago? Guys, it's one little powerful word that can change the whole world.

Love. It changes everyone.

Don't go dissing me if you don't know how that feels.

Ha! Who the heck am I talking to? I'm thinking all of this. Oh gosh, I'm weird. But then again, everybody is weird even if they say they're not.

Talk-to-myself-in-my-mind, Check.

That's my day right there.

"Oh my gosh!" I hear from the kitchen, snapping me out of my thoughts.

Kelsey covered her mouth with her hand and looked out the window. I forced myself out of the couch and peered out the window.

My eyes widened as I saw a familiar figure walking towards the house. They guys weren't here! They went out to hunt!

"Oh my gosh, Vanessa! What do we do?!" Kelsey screamed.

I covered her mouth. "Shh!"

I looked out the window to see the figure getting closer. I grabbed Kelsey's hand and led her to the piano room.

I kicked the rug off the floor and opened the secret way to get to the basement.

"Get in," I said, opening the door for her.

"It's pitch black down there," Kelsey said to me.

"You'll live," was all I said before  I heard a door open and slam. I mentally slapped myself for not checking if the door was locked.

"Van-"

"Stay here!"

"No! What about you?"

"I'll be fine-"

"No you-"

I heard footsteps come closer to the room. I pushed Kelsey down to the basement and I closed the door. I covered the door with the rug.

"Just the woman I wanted to see," I heard from behind me.

I froze in my place and I swallowed. Raul.

I straightened my posture and breathed. I can do this. I turned and saw his awful self.

"I smell my brother," he said, sniffing the air. "He's here. Wow. He must've been desperate."

I sighed. I don't want to do this anymore. "If you want your damn money it isn't here," I told him.

"Oh, Vanessa, I know my money is here. Give it or I'll kill you, your precious Kelsey, and my own brother Rafael. I'll leave your stupid Mitchell here to suffer. What will it be?"

"Honestly, Raul, you're wasting your time. I don't know where your fucking money is. Leave." I said without fear.

Raul gave me a smirk and I found myself trapped between him and a wall. Bastard.

"Vanessa!" I looked over Raul's shoulder to see Kelsey standing there with an ax in her hand.

I felt Raul leave me and went to attack Kelsey. Me being a girl, I kicked him in the head. Yeah, no. He grabbed my leg and flipped me around so I landed on the floor on my stomach. He was stepping on me and I couldn't see what was happening. 

I felt Raul's foot leave my back. I immediately got up and saw Raul hovering over Kelsey. I saw the ax on the floor and I picked it up. I did what I had to do. I closed my eyes and hit him with the ax.

A scream and growl left his throat. The ax stuck out of his back. Blood was slowly dripping around the ax.

Kelsey got out from under him.

"You bitch!" he yelled. He was bent over and I wondered if he was gonna die soon or what.

"Vanessa? Kelsey?" I heard. Rafael was in the doorway. He was so pale.

This was soooo cliché! We almost got attacked and the heros come and save us. Am I dreaming? Oh gosh. I started laughing.

"Vanessa! Why are you laughing?" Kelsey yelled, shaking me.

I snapped out of it when I saw Mitchell. Oh goody. My knight in shining armor.

I am dreaming. I am dreaming. This can't be real.

***

I caught Vanessa's body as she fainted. Poor girl. She's seen enough. Rafael was next to Raul's unconscious form. He looked as if he was going to be sick.

"Rafael, if you don't want him to die, take the...ax...out," I said. I honestly wanted that bastard to die. But this is Rafael's brother, his family..

I shook my head and carried Vanessa to our room. I covered her with blankets and I heard a yell from downstairs.

I ran downstairs to see what happened. Rafael was hovering over the body with the ax in his hand.

He turned to look at me.

"This isn't him. This is one of his minions. He picks a handful of people that look like him and make him do shit for him."

Rafael threw the ax to the side. He sighed and went around me.

Kelsey was in the corner shaking and sweating. Rafael wrapped his arms around her.

I turned back to see the body on the floor. I mean, he didn't look dead. He was still breathing. But I couldn't just let him go.

I grabbed his heavy body and kicked the rug that covered the door. Seems like the girls already opened it by it being cracked open.

I jumped down to the basement with him. I heard him groan. I shoved him in the cramped cage I kept down there.

"The hell...?" he asked.

"Have fun down here."

I ignored his complaints and went back in the house. Kelsey was wrapped up in Rafael's arms.

"I think you might need to see this," Rafael said to me.

I went to them and he moved Kelsey's hair from her neck.

It was a bite.

____________________________________________________________________________

Almost 300 followers! Thank you to letsgetreadytorumble for following me. I did a little happy dance when she followed me :)  Anyway, this is dedicated to my big sister gordjac246 :) Music and pic on the side -------->

Fun fact about me: I am the only flexible one in my family (whoop whoop)

<3 Lesley

~All Rights Reserved~