Chapter 28

Hearing a knock at my door made me immediately smile and take off to the door. I pulled the door open and my smile grew even wider seeing who it was.

"Happy Birthday!"My mama and Nya yelled as they stood there with Bronx and lots of balloons and gifts. Seeing all three of my babies there had me grinning from ear to ear.

Here we were in DC and it was my birthday. I honestly never felt love like the love I felt on my birthday. All that morning and that day before people were sending me so much love my way. I was in such a positive mood. It was my day and I was about to be 19 years old. For me, this was a big move in life. I was excited.

"Thanks guys."I said with the biggest grin while pulling them in a hug, kissing them each.

My mama, Nya and Bronxie had flew in that morning for my huge party that was that night. My mama put together a huge party for me in DC. Everybody was flying in from out of town, we was about to turn up and I was very excited. I was ready to completely enjoy myself and let my hair down.

"Where's daddy?"I asked as I helped them into the hotel room, closing the door behind us.

"He missed his flight."My mama admitted making me sigh. It seemed like whenever it was something important to me, my dad always somehow found a way to upset me. Find a way to mess my day up.

"Don't trip baby, he has another flight. He'll be here before the party even starts."

"Great."I said letting go of that small attitude. It was my day and all I wanted was positive vibes. Positive energy. I wasn't about to trip about anything or anyone.

I unraveled the huge box my mama had sat on the table. As soon as I opened it I smiled seeing it was a edible arrangement with all my favorite fruits. It smelt and looked amazing.

"You guys know me too well."I said with a grin before biting into a chocolate covered strawberry. It was bomb just like I knew it would be.

"You will never guess what's in that box though."My mama said with a grin as she took Nya's shoes off, looking over at the black box that sat on the table.

I gave her the eye before slowly grabbing the box. I honestly had no clue what was in the box. So, when I opened the box I was lost for words and immediately started squealing as I jumped up and down.

"Ma, you did notttt!"I screamed as I pulled them out the box.

I had been wanting these Alexander Wang boots for my birthday and I could not get my hands on them, but my mama came through like she always do