Chapter Sixteen

Kathleen never came back after the night she portal Val off to Virginia.
Pierce blamed it on the possibility of Kathleen being summoned by her father. She had her own kind and life to get back to.
Not wanting to admit it to herself, Pierce missed Kathleen.
If it was obvious to everyone else no one made a comment.
"I've been cooped up around around for the last two days," Pierce argued with Allira. "I need a break and to go for a walk."
"It's too dangerous and your sister would be pissed to find out you went off on your own." Allira walked off not giving Pierce a chance to argue back.
Pierce was older and could challenge Allira but that would have been far to stupid of her and what humans considered treason in the governed world. Pierce respected Allira's leadership and snarled walking off.
Marisa shook her head watching Pierce and Allira argue for the last three minutes. It was entertaining to see the wolf's in both women light through their eyes.
She still couldn't believe she was now a werewolf.
Marisa watched Paula wondering off, Pierce following behind a distance to be discreet. That wouldn't go over too well. Every day Paula would wonder off and by the tension between Paula and her daughter's, Marisa was curious and protective of her friend.
Val had been her sister. No family was waiting for Marisa back in Los Angeles. Realizing Paula invited her into the supernatural world for her own gain made Marisa a bit sadden. She never thought of Paula as a mother but somewhat close to one. She felt special when Paula explained to her about werewolves.
"What's going on in that head of yours?"
Spencer stood beside Marisa. She was too in depth with thoughts, Marisa hadn't known how long Spencer stood watching. Feeling guarded Marisa masked her emotions with a smile.
"Well...I don't think you want to know what's going through my mind right now." Marisa winked.
Spencer frowned. She wasn't upset that Marisa openly flirted with her, only that she was using it to avoid what was really lingering through her mind. "Do you want me to claw you?" Spencer said with a hint humor. She wouldn't force Marisa to share her thoughts.
Marisa considered her joking offer. "I prefer the bite. I hear that will keep your scent lingered on me for a very long time."
Shaking her head, Spencer began to walk off. "The day I give someone a mating bite, it won't be you." Saying those words Spencer winced mentally. Somehow her own statement stung.
The look on Marisa's face never changed from her comical smirk. "Then you'll have a dull mate."
Marisa was the one who walked away.
Spencer stood there dumbfounded. What just happened?
"Hey."
Spencer watched Drake approaching. It wasn't yet too obvious but she notice Drake's belly swell against the shirt she wore.
Smiling absently, Drake nodded. "I know. I noticed this morning." Caressing her belly Drake sighed. "It's really happening."
Spencer smiled at Drake, who she grew up with like sisters. Elation transmitted back and forth between them. "Your so beautiful with a pregnant glow."
"Will you be saying that in another month of two?"
Allira came up from behind Drake enveloping her arms around her mates waist. "I will." She kissed the corner of Drake's neck. "You are so sexy."
Drake blushed. "You're biased."
"I'm not." Spencer said. "Your glowing beauty, hun."
"Thank you." Drake sighed thinking of Val.
"She will be okay," Allira kissed the nape of Drake's neck. "Val will call us tonight."
Allira glared around. "Where's Pierce?"
Their eyes scanned around.
"Damn." Allira snarled. She leaned off of her mate calling to a few of the pack asking if they saw her.
A few said the saw her following Paula.
Allira frowned. "It was much easier just being a waitress."
Drake smiled. "But more boring and you didn't have us."
Allira nodded. "Very true." She wasn't like Val. She didn't gain respect through dominance. Her Alpha abilities did not stand out like Val. She was more of a causal go with the flow Alpha. Allira made a choice to go after Drake when she found Kathleen walking up.
"What took you so long?"
Kathleen sighed. "What has Pierce done now?"
The pack did not care if Kathleen was around or not unless it involved an issue with her own kind or Pierce. Kathleen knew for a fact that the Fae had not made a move yet. She been dealing with Fae issues back home and in Virginia.
She came back to warn the pack that whisper of another attack on Pierce would happen in a matter if hours. Who ever was sent to kill Pierce could already be in Yosemite.
"She ran off," Allira said. "I can only do so much and she isn't making my day easier."
Ryan walked up waving at Kathleen. Her half wave made him concerned. "Something wrong."
Kathleen smile fell sheepish. She couldn't lie but did not want to alert the pack just yet of the new information made. Not yet.
"I'll find her. Don't worry." Kathleen ran off, out of sight.
Allira headed back into the house Drake about to follow when Spencer stopped her. "Did you still want to know about Allira being--"
"Yes," Drake rushed out eager.
"Do you plan on telling them you want to find out the biological mothers of y'all cubs?"
"God, no," Drake said, shaking her head. "I don't want to see disappointment in Allira's eyes on the chance that she wasn't a biological participant in creating our cubs."
"But...what would Allira want?" Spencer understood the hesitation in Drake letting her mates know the truth about what she wanted to do.
Turning her head away, Drake rested her hands on her belly, considering her choices. Sighing, she nodded. "You're right." She smiled giving Spencer a hug. "I'll tell her."