Chapter Ten

"Let me see?"
   Val laid her sister on the hard surface of a table, Kathleen ripping through the back of Pierce's shirt.
   Blood pooled out from Pierce's back spilling onto the table all the way to the floor.
   More Fae walked into the room, Val snarling protective over her sister. Her werewolf did not like so many that was not pack hovering close. She didn't know who to trust.
   On her side, Pierce suddenly awoke clenching her claws into the arm of Kathleen as she screamed out in pain.
   Her skin was cyanotic, not enough oxygen going through her bloodstream.
   "You have to try and be still," Val whispered in her sisters ear. "I know you're in a lot of pain but please let your wolf have control."
   Pierce was far to disoriented by the pain to hear Val's words. All she could feel was the pain. It embellished her mind. Tears ran from Pierce eyes, shaking frenzied.
   Val stayed at the side Pierce eyes were facing grabbing the side of her head. "I am your Alpha." A snarl cut through the air as deadly as a tornado. "Let your wolf out." Eyes glimmering sapphire, Val called to Pierce's wolf getting the response she wanted.
   Pierce skin was dripping with sweat, hair matted to her face as she opened her eyes. Her wolf peaked through and Pierce slowly relaxed enough to let Kathleen do her part in helping.
   Kathleen crouched her head low, a full view of Pierce's stab to the back visible enough to draw up her own conclusions. The dagger still left in Pierce had a green glow. "This dagger has been enchanted."
   Val snarled, brows furrowed. "Enchanted?"
   "You need to remove the poison first before I attempt to remove it."
   Without waiting for further instructions, Val closed her eyes calling upon her pack for assistance as she pressed her hand firmly against her sisters back.
   Immediately, the poison began to spread into Val's system like she done previously for Kathleen.
   She let her wolf completely out using all the strength to heal her sister until the poison was gone.
   Val dropped to her knees, her heart racing in her ears. She looked up, vision slightly blurred as she watched the dark poison stream from the tips of her fingers up her arm.
   Kathleen began working on Pierce soon after. "I'm not going to lose you," she whispered low enough for only Pierce to hear. "This will hurt."
   Pierce couldn't make out half the words Kathleen was saying but she knew what was about to happen. Her throat was sand dry, not even enough to create moisture to her lips. Her skin felt on fire though her body was shivering filled with goosebumps. Pierce's head was too heavy for her to lift off of the table.
   She felt Kathleen's fingers brush the lower part of her back a few inches below where she was stabbed. Before she had time to prepare Kathleen dug her fingers into Pierce's back, the sound of a high pitch scream tearing through the room. Pierce's leg kicked out to the side out of reflex and the need to go unconscious entered her brain as the pull was so strong.
   After a while she no longer felt any pain. Only numbness and cold.
   Blinking her eyes a few more times, she passed out.

~
   Kathleen spoke out an disenchantment that was still making Pierce body sick.
   Kathleen turned to Val after dropping the dagger onto the side of the table. "What's taking you so long to heal?"
   From her time of helping Pierce, Val should have been fine by now.
   Val was breathing harder than an asthmatic person. Her skin burned and the pull to shift was adamant. "I am...healed," she snarled out. Val's fist both slammed into the table where Pierce lay, placing two fisted dents into it.
   Swiftly, Val leaped to her feet like a woman possessed slamming her body into the wall vertical to where her sisters unconscious body rested.
   Two Fae guards rushed in, Kathleen lifting her hands out. "Stay back. Clear this first floor," she commanded. "Everyone stay locked into their rooms." The guards hesitated, unsure on whether to listen. "Don't have me order you twice."
  They rushed out as Kathleen skirted around Val toward the exit out of the room. "Your sister is safe." In case Val shifted Kathleen needed to have Val see Pierce was in no danger.
   "Something's..." Val growled out, shutting her eyes only for a few seconds before exposing the sapphire from them. "Something's forcing me to shift."
   Kathleen frowned. She rushed to the second room beside the one Val was in and looked out the window. Once viewing the sky, Kathleen's mouth dropped. The moon was full. Not only full; it was also a red. She knew very well that it wasn't truly a full moon.
   Someone changed it with magic. Now, off of the high of taking care of Pierce, she could smell it. The magic.
   A roar so loud that it even shook Kathleen erupted from the other room.
   Kathleen knew what a full red moon did to werewolves. It made them deadlier, thoughtless, and the top predators for as long as the red moon appeared.
   Christof came running down the hall. "Please don't fucking tell me there's a werewolf here with a moon like that?"
   Kathleen did not bother answering. "Grab your kids and father. Portal out of here."
   Christof hissed but didn't waste time arguing as he heard the crying snarls coming out of the room next to them.
   Val was shifting.
   "Go..." Kathleen sneered. "Get as many out."
   Kathleen rushed back to the door, Val half shifted and looked back at Pierce. She needed to get Pierce out of the room.
   No werewolf could with stand the red full moon. If Pierce woke she would be onto the same path as Val. Just as worse, Val would tear through Pierce's body without thought of consequence. Werewolves were endanger of each other as well. The whole dominance and rogue like mentality.
   Val snarled lunging her half shifted deformed body toward Kathleen. With only the flick of her wrist, Kathleen tossed Val's body harsh into the wall, with her telekinesis ability. She kept Val planted there rushing to pull Pierce off of the table.
   Far more powerful than Kathleen estimated Val managed to pull her arm out through Kathleen's hold. Her feet pressed into the wall and as Kathleen grabbed Pierce's body, Val lunged straight at Kathleen.
   Shoved back, Kathleen lost her grip to Pierce having her unconscious body slam into the wall near the door.
   Kathleen twisted to her side right as Val tried to snap her half human shaped mouth over her back shoulder.
   Kathleen elbow smacked into Val. Lifting her claws out she raked them over Kathleen's shoulder. Fighting through the pain Kathleen moved her hand in front of Val, shooting a small bluish orb out enough to propel Val's body off of her.
   Val snarled, half shifted and dropped to her knees.
   Concluding that Val was deciding to finish her shift Kathleen took that moment to escape. She ran over to Pierce's body, heaving her up and ran down the hall.
   Outside, she looked around quickly finding a few of her Fae people running scattered with fear. "All of you. Come with me."
   The Fae that listened twisted her way and ran toward where Kathleen now headed.
   Kathleen had to believe that Val's pack was safe and not dangerous. They were in a whole other location. The red moon could not spread to them.
   She placed Pierce gently to the ground. With a swift motion of her hands she started the process of a portal.
   The Fae began to scream at her and she looked back finding Val fully shifted and running directly in their path.
   All Kathleen needed to start was the portal. She had. "The moment it is finished. Think of Valerie's pack."
   "How will we know it's safe?"
   Kathleen thought better of it. "Don't go through the portal. Except you." Kathleen pointed to one of her guards. "Take her through the portal."
   Val made for one of Kathleen's fae people and she swerved her hand inward using her ability to force Val a few dozen feet across their landscape.
   "Take Pierce to her pack." Kathleen ordered. Val got back to four legs, baring her teeth as she lowered the front of her body to the ground. She was ready for another lunge.
   There was sense in trying to talk Val down. She was completely lost to the red moon. Kathleen looked back auditioning the guard and Pierce already gone than began slowly stepping backwards.
   Val broke into a straight line run for her as she readied herself. As Val leaped for her, Kathleen dodge to the side catching her arm around Val's neck. Their bodies sucked in through the portal, Kathleen holding tight to Val as she thought of her niece home.
   Their bodies crashed into hard soil, tumbling over each other until they were in complete stop.
   Kathleen groaned not standing right away. She lifted her hand up to view finding a few of her fingers dislocated. She'd definitely landed wrong.
   Slowly, Val stood up on all fours shaking her body. She snarled a few times, Allira running out of their home calling out to her mate.
   One finger at a time Kathleen positioned her fingers back to place not pulling herself off of the ground.
   The thought of Pierce was the only thing that got her up so swiftly.
   "Where is--"
   "She's fine." Spencer came out. "She hasn't awoken yet but she's safe."
   Kathleen stood, dusting herself off. "I have to get back to my Kingdom." She said nothing more looking over at Val as she already began her process of shifting back human.
   Without another word she went through the portal.