Chapter Two

Morning came quickly. There was still enough orange in the sky to declare it pretty early. There was darkness around the orange like darkness was trying to cave into the light.
Pierce slept in her room all night. She did not want to be bothered by anyone. After last night and the promise of eye candy sight of Kathleen's home Pierce wondered why she was really going. Of course she needed a new scenery, but still there was something else she could quite put her finger on.
By the sound of quietness majority of her pack was asleep.
This sound; silence, was tranquility to her ears and stress level. That meant Pierce had a moment of awaken rest not worrying about someone else's issues.
Her mood of peace was killed by the aroma of someone else in the room.
Snarling, Pierce did not pull up. She stayed flat on her back wondering how she ever agreed to falsely mating with Brent. She could have resisted Bran's blackmail at the time. But that would have cost her the pack. And then she had her son which she never regretted.jj"I did not invite you into my bedroom." She heard Brent shuffling his feet. He was sitting across on her chair.
Brent's voice came off rough and whiny like a child put on time out. "This is my room, too." He stood walking over as he sat on the side of her. "I want you back." He said that as if she would suddenly say, 'I miss you too.'
Leaning down uninvited Brent kissed Pierce on the lips. At first, Pierce resisted anger about to flow out but then the need to feel someone close was just as overwhelming as everything else in her life. She hadn't been touched, sexually in almost two years. It had been two years since she finally stopped trying to force herself to care for him in that way. Brent wasn't ugly. There was a few women in their pack who googled their eyes his way. But, Pierce never found him attractive.
For a moment she did pretend to be all for Brent as if that would help promote her mind to finally let herself actually make it true. There were things she thought she loved about him. Now, after all he done those feelings were gone.
But still, she was lonely. Her wolf needed a mate. It was long overdue. It was Pierce, herself blocking the opportunity to find her mate. It wasn't Brent but she needed physical contact now.
Instead of pushing him away Pierce opened her lips wider giving him access.
Brent took that as a sign, straddling on top, slipping his hand underneath her sheets.
When she heard Brent unzipping his pants, Pierce regained some control realizing the mistake she was potentially about make. "No...stop..."
Brent continued forcing himself onto her and Pierce snarled her wolf echoing out. "Just one time," he begged, continuing to pull the covers away so he could force his way through.
"Enough." She shoved Brent hard enough that he slammed into the wall next to her room door.
Pierce eyes were gold, her wolf was awake and angry. "Did you not hear me?" Pierce snarled.
Struggling to stand, Brent began complaining.
A second later Val busted through the door, snarling through words, "But I heard her."
"Valerie..."
Val ignored her sister turning to Brent, the man who was also her brother and punched him in the face. All Val wanted to see was his blood. "You son of a bitch. You make it easy for me not to like you," she snarled punching him a second and third time. "Don't ever touch my sister again."
Val stood straight again right as Brent opened his mouth to make an insult. "Pierce is my mate. I deserve to have her affection. You are--"
With enough power, Val slammed the bottom of her barefoot into Brent's face. She could feel his nose break as well as a few front teeth knocked out. Val hammered a few more blows to his face as Allira and Drake rushed into the room.
"Val, stop," Drake screamed.
It was Val's wolf that craved to bring more pain to Brent. The need to tear him apart was overbearing. She felt no connection to him to care that she was hurting him. And she also wanted to make an example out of him. No meant no.
Val used her bare feet, smashing his face in and when Drake yelled again, Val snapped out of the hunger to kill. Her full attention switched over to Drake who looked warn from simply yelling Val's name.
Drake's eyes darkened gold before turning a pale green and then all lights seemed to go out of Drake as she fainted.
Swiftly, Val caught Drake and Pierce ordered Val to lay her on the bed.
"What's wrong with her?" Val snarled as her sister moved over Drake. "Did you see her eyes. They were kinda like mines."
Kathleen walked into the room, unexpected. Pierce wondered when she arrived but no time to ask now. "More like...ours," she pointed out.
Allira was on the other side of Drake, right beside Val.
Pierce opened Drake's eyes astonished than shifted to Val's eyes which flickered from her fae green to Alpha sapphire. Before speaking, she looked over where Kathleen stood with a smile on her face and her eyes a vibrant highlighted green and realized her conclusion.
Pierce smiled absently not sure how to give the news other than to just say it.
"What's so damn funny?" Val snarled at her sister.
"Seems Drake here is pregnant."
Pierce's words did not process in Val's mind. She heard what her sister said but could not process it. "What?"
Marisa chose to walk in at that moment. She looked down on the floor where Brent sat, slumped over as if he'd been beaten with a bat to his face, skewing her face in disgust. "Should he be in a hospital?" She walked over to Drake as if she was the more critical person to view. "Is she okay?" She asked sincerely.
"More than okay," Ryan said cheerful. "She's pregnant." The news of him having a cousin excited Ryan.
"Oh God," Marisa covered her face in real disbelief and distraught. "Is that why you beat his ass? She cheated on--"
"No..." Allira snarled annoyed by this human. She shook her head. "The baby's ours."
All Marisa did was arch a brow.
Ryan decided to fill Marisa in on how female Weres with strong bloodline could develop both chromosomes to giving the ability to impregnate their mates.
"Did you know--"
"I wouldn't keep that from you," Allira snarled, stopping Val before she finished her accusation.
Val nodded. "Sorry." She sighed. "I thought we would be able to tell if she was--"
"As an Omega wolf, they are very good at hiding what could be seen as weaknesses to others." Pierce's statement made Val frown.
"Are you saying she knew?" Val asked her sister.
Pierce shook her head. "I'm saying her wolf shielded this from us. We both know Drake would never keep this from both of you."
Everyone cleared out of the room as Drake began to wake.
"Get him out," Val ordered a few of her pack. "And throw him outside."
Val, Allira, and Drake were left alone in Pierce's room.
Drake grumbled under her breath, waking up to find both Allira and Val staring at her. That was a bit intense. Drake smiled as she tried to sit up.
"You should keep still." Val gave Drake no room to sit up, Allira doing the same.
"Okay. You two are doing that dominant thing again. I just passed out."
"When's the last time you saw one of our kind pass out?" Allira asked.
Drake thought on that a moment. When she had no answer in her sake, Drake looked utterly worried. "What's going on? You two are freaking me out."
Allira face lit up once the worry was over. She leaned down kissing Drake on the lips.
Drake accepted the kiss still waiting for an answer once it was over. When she tried to sit up again Val stopped her. "Geez. Don't be so dramatic."
"You need anything?" Val asked. Her voice was shaky.
"I am a bit thirsty."
Val nodded. "I'll go and get you some water."
Val rushed out of the room, not much to say. Her mind was still adjusting to the news.
Walking down the stairs the pack surrounded her with questions. News was traveling fast.
She yelled for everyone to give her space as she went into the kitchen.
"What's going on in your head?" Pierce asked.
Val filled a cup up with water and began drinking it. She refilled it again this time squeezing it enough to break the glass.
Pierce sighed. "Everyone leave. Give us a moment."
Kathleen walked up. "Mind if I stay?"
Taking a moment, Pierce looked over at Kathleen. Val made no comment so she gave no disapproval.
"You're scared."
"No shit. Is it that obvious?" Val's voice sounded on edge. She looked over at her sister.
"A child; or two is a great pleasure to have. One I wish I could have myself."
Kathleen's words made Val nod.
"What are you afraid of?" Pierce asked. The corner of her eye shifted to Kathleen for only a moment. She was curious to her statement on her inability to have kids.
"I never thought about having kids."
"You never thought about being a werewolf and fae; as well as have two mates neither," Pierce pointed out.
"I guess I'm afraid of failing as a parent."
"I personally believe through all you've experienced. Through my mistakes you will be a better ma than I ever was."
Val and Pierce's ma words made both of them turn to her.
Paula walked up to her daughter's, her eyes liquefied with tears. "I'm so happy for you."
She reached over giving Val a hug as Paula's eyes fell to her other daughter. She missed out on seeing Pierce experience her pregnancy. The birth of her first grandchild. There was a lot she needed to make up for.
"Go take care of both of your mates."
Val grabbed a second cup, filling it with water and headed back upstairs.
When she walked into the room her mates waited as they bonded over the new discovery of their future cub.

~

"You're a great big sister. A really amazing mom and will be an great aunt."
Paula's words should make Pierce feel flattered or elated but she became rather annoyed. "Sucking up to me doesn't work." Pierce turned, cleaning up the glass from the cup.
Instead of making a remark, Paula nodded looking over at Kathleen awkwardly.
"Be careful...when you leave--"
"Seriously, Paula. You care now? I was on my own taking care of this pack for over twenty years. The pack you should have been responsible for. I think I can protect myself." It was too hard not to lash out at Paula. Just the mere presence of her antagonize Pierce.
Turning her back to Paula, it was like waiting a few heartbeats too long for her to leave.
There was no mistaking the fact that Paula and Pierce's relationship was damaged. Standing in front view, Kathleen felt every nerve that was pinched inside both women.
Unsettling, was the correct word to use. It was none of Kathleen's business to comment. If anything, she should stay clear of Pierce McKinley.
"Are you still coming?"
Pierce turned, challenging Kathleen with her eyes. "Why? You change your mind on inviting me?"
Kathleen shook her head not backing away from Pierce's stare down. "No. I was only wondering if you had."
"What reason would I have to change my mind?"
Instinctively, Kathleen smiled, "a bad mood." After saying that, Kathleen knew right away her statement earned a hostile glare from Pierce. She always had a habit of saying more than she needed to. "Or not." There was no way to escape the look Pierce was giving her.
Before Kathleen could come to a defense Pierce sighed taking a few breaths. She turned her back to Kathleen digesting the fact that her wolf was on edge. Her wolf had been losing patience far more often lately.
"I want you to come." Kathleen had to be mindful that Pierce's wolf was sensitive to every bit of challenge. If she was honest enough, Kathleen could at least get Pierce to feel not challenged but also wanted. Wanted as a friend if anything. "Come, please."
It took a minute for Pierce to get out of her head. She could feel Kathleen's sincerity. She did need a break and a new change of scenery even if it was for an hour or two.
"If I ask you a question, will you be truthful?"
Kathleen smiled. "I'm Fae. I don't have the ability to lie."
Pierce knew better than that. "You know how to sneak around the truth."
Pursing her lips, Kathleen studied Pierce a moment. "That is true."
"How did you lie about Bran being your brother?"
"Is that your question?"
Smiling, with the rolling of her eyes Pierce grunted. "No."
"Oh. Well...it is kind of the truth. In my mind, Bran is a brother through in through simply being Fae. We call each of Fae bloodline, brother or sister, like you consider the werewolves here your pack sister and brothers."
Kathleen was one interesting Fae. More like one interesting woman. She could be worth having as a friend.
"We should get going?" Kathleen said.
"I still haven't asked my question."
With a grin on her face, Kathleen said, "I would like to have forgotten."
As they walked up to collect Val in her mates, Pierce's curiosity got the best of her.
"Is it true to never thank a Fae?"
With a laugh, Kathleen responded. "Is there something you would like to thank me for?"
From that, Pierce knew that this Kathleen woman had a lot more interesting conversations and laughs ahead for the both of them.