Chapter Three

"Can I create a portal?" Val was only curious.
   It was the first thing Val asked pertaining to being Fae. To everyone it seemed she had a limit to what to talk about. After being magically tattooed by her father and him disappearing, Val was vulnerable to the subject.
   "It takes years to learn." Kathleen stood a good fifty feet from their pack home as she closed her mind focusing on her magic. "Something I can teach you as your abilities grow."
   In a low whisper, they all listened as Kathleen chanted something they did not quite understand, wielding her hands around like a magician.
   Something that looked like a shimmer started to form as it only expanded.
   Val watched in amaze and thought of the chance she could exhibit that power. Perhaps she was wrong in not accepting all that made her who she was.
   Eventually, that clear shimmer enhanced into a six foot wide and long portal. The portal looked like running water and clear. There was no image that could hint to where they would go once they all stepped through. Kathleen turned, her eyes a highlighted neon green.
   "Before you enter you most understand. You can only think of where you would like to go. Just say my home and you will be guided there."
   "And if we don't?" Pierce asked.
   Of course, Pierce would ask that question. "You could end up lost to some hell inferno for all I know. Just follow what I say and you should be fine."
   Pierce frowned. "Should be?" She looked at Kathleen, incredulous. "Doesn't sound too comforting."
   Narrowing her eyes all Kathleen could do was smile. "Don't be difficult." Kathleen extended her arm out. "After you all. It is safest I go last."
   They followed her directions as each of them pass through the portal, Kathleen right behind them.
   Pierce closed her eyes, dizzy from stepping into the portal. Something new felt different beneath her feet. The soil was different; softer.
   The air was moist more than back come. It was not difficult to smell everything that was within a miles range. Pierce crinkle her nose pollen strong in the air.
   Out of all scents was the aroma of lavender. The sun hit at her back.
   When Pierce opened her eyes, she could see a few acres of lavender, a brick trail curving up through the middle.
   "This is beautiful." Drake seemed to be more than fascinated with the sight walking up to the lavender bushes.
   "Stay close," Allira told her pregnant mate, moving up.
   "It's just lavender. Not poison," Drake huffed dryly.
   From a few feet Drake saw the look on Val's face. "Humor us."
   Drake grunted. "This pregnancy will be exciting."
   Pierce laughed finding the interaction between Val in her mates almost adorable.
   "Beautiful, isn't it?"
   Kathleen stood beside Pierce waiting for her response.
   "It's definitely a sight."
   Kathleen laughed. "Why can't you ever give me a yes or no?"
   "I'm not wired that way, I guess." Pierce looked back to the scenery as Kathleen directed them to continue through the path.
   The moment they stepped onto the trail leading up to a house hugely close to being considered a mansion the ground shimmer, changing into a marble smooth flooring.  Pierce took a peak at Kathleen from the sudden change of soil to marble, unsure if she saw correctly.
   Kathleen only smiled as they continued to walk.
   Once in full view of the mansion, because that's what it was, two guards stood at the doorway. They were Fae after viewing their green laminated eyes and pointy ears.
   "Princess Kathleen. Your father has been waiting for you."
   "I'm here now, as you can see."
   The guard nodded taking a look at the werewolves Kathleen brought. "He's only expecting one visitor."
   "Why are you telling me this?" Kathleen stepped up to the guard. "Do you think it matters what you tell me? That I will turn our additional guest away?"
   "No, Princess." The guard lowered his head. "Forgive me."
   Placing her hand on his shoulder Kathleen said, "already done."  She turned waving for everyone to follow.
   Pierce felt almost out of place stepping into Kathleen's home, as if she should have been wearing a ballroom gown. Everything was made of marble and crystal, so elegant and overwhelming. This was certainly a change from her pack home.
   They stood in a huge hall that gave off bi-directional paths. At least over several hundred square feet of space. Kathleen walked down a clear path straight ahead as they all followed.
   Double doors ten feet tall opened automatically as a new view of a garden on both ends of them came into view. Straight down the middle was a new path with Throne like chairs; five of them layered up a few steps higher from the marbled floor.
   "Where is father?" Kathleen asked her brother.
   Christof smiled, ignoring his sisters question for a moment. "Little niece. Glad you could finally make it."