Chapter Fourteen

For almost two hours Kathleen and Pierce had driven, small exchanges of conversation only taking place.
   Pierce sat as Kathleen drove, stiff and nervous. She cracked the window open letting the wind slap against her face. Pierce needed some sort of distraction from the woman who made her toes curl as well as her wolf howling. Gradually, every so often Pierce would sneak a glance, tilting her head to the side as if she had an ache to the back of her neck. Her excuse to getting a quick view of Kathleen. Her own personal excuse.
   Kathleen's body was in perfect in shape. Toned and filled in all the right areas a woman should always have proportion. Her red wavy hair slid back into a ponytail as her eyes hid behind dark sunglasses. Pierce wondered if Kathleen had been sneaking glancing herself. She thought better of it knowing Kathleen would look at Pierce with or without those sunglasses. Because Kathleen's hair was slicked into a ponytail her extended upward pointy ears stood out showing off her Fae uniqueness.
   She wore denim jeans and a white see through V-neck shirt that gave Pierce all the viewing she needed in seeing the swell of Kathleen's breast. Not that Pierce cared. Yeah, right. She bite at her inner cheek not trying to seem to obvious in looking at Kathleen's breast.
   She fantasized about Kathleen breast last night. Pierce was really attracted to Kathleen to be thinking about her breast.
   "You stare any longer I might have to pull over." Kathleen spoke out of the blue startling Pierce.
   Kathleen's voice melodic and tempting to her offer, Pierce entire body frenzied for a few longer seconds than she wanted.
   "I wasn't--you wore that shirt on purpose." Pierce was embarrassed she was caught, her face flushing not seeing a point in denying what she was doing.
   Though Pierce's comment was more like a statement, Kathleen answered anyway. "Ah...I did." Her grin filled every corner of her mouth. "You enjoying the view?"
   Pierce rolled her eyes. Kathleen could be so arrogant. "Yes. It's a beautiful day out." Pierce knew what view Kathleen was referring to but acted oblivious. Damn, but Kathleen's arrogance did work for her.
   Kathleen laughed, the sound angelic to Pierce. Everything about Kathleen sounded overwhelmingly good. She felt like that old 'Operations' game she would play with Valerie when her sister was four. Every part of her body buzzing somehow touched by Kathleen even in unphysical ways. "Hmm," was all Kathleen grunted with a smile still plastered on her face, showing off perfect white teeth.
   I closed my eyes deciding a small nap would do me justice. I wasn't looking forward to meeting Patrick. He had his ways and was difficult to talk to.
   Slowly I drifted to sleep.
"She's back?" The voice carried from far away in a song song tone. "She's back. She's not dead."
   Pierce could feel herself in her own dream. No, this was another vision. The Fae King said I could move in my vision.
   "She's not dead?"
   "Who's not dead?" I called out. There was nothing but whiteness everywhere. I took a step following the voice.
   He or she did not respond.
   "She not dead," the voice screamed out this time in pain. "No, M-"
   He was cut off. I heard a gag and then quiet.
   "Hey..."
   I turned swiftly around catching another voice. But it was like the wind. It blew by and was gone.
   "Hey..."
   I snarled, exposing my canines. "Who's there?"
   "Your lost memories..." the voice echoed.
   As if seized by thunder, my body uncontrollably tensed up, convulsing like a seizure as my body hit the white floor. Screams. Pain. A babies cry. Body aching.
   "She is beautiful. My great granddaughter." I could not make out the woman's voice. "I will spell her mind to forget. She is no ally to me. This Paula would do just fine."
   I cried. Tears I could not understand. Why did it matter? Why was Paula, my ma in my vision. Was that baby Valerie?
   I felt a hand shake me. I groaned. "Hey."
   That voice again.

   Kathleen had noticed a change in Pierce as she slept. The fact that she started to mumble in anger and then tears followed after made Kathleen concerned.
   She pulled over to the side of the road, calling out to Pierce. "Hey."
   When her hands touched Pierce temple suddenly she could sync into her mind. All white surfaced around her as she saw Pierce running and calling out to a voice she could not hear. A glimmer was several feet from her and she new what that represented in Pierce's vision.
   "Hey," Kathleen whispered out again.
   Pierce turned to the sound of her voice in a snarl. "Who's there?"
   Knowing what the glimmer meant, Kathleen responded, "your lost memories."
   Pierce had stayed too long in her memories and this vision.
   Kathleen moved out and around the car kneeling beside Pierce.
   Kathleen shook Pierce trying to wake her and when she did not succeed, she mumbled in her old celtic tongue a release to cutting Pierce out of her vision.
   Pierce snarled clamping her claws into Kathleen's arms. Pierce took in deep breaths. "What happened?"
   "I pulled you out of your vision."
   "Why?" Pierce snarled. "I did not ask you too."
   "The longer you stay the harder it is to get out." Kathleen ran her hands through Pierce hair and down her arms. Pierce was literally shivering. It was hot out so it was something internal that had shaken her.
   "God. It felt so real." Pierce closed her eyes.
   "You want to talk about it?" Kathleen asked carefully trying not to be invasive.
   "I don't even know where to start."
   Pierce stepped out of the car standing up beside Kathleen.
   Kathleen ran her fingers through Pierce's hair. "You're still shaking." Instinctively, Kathleen pulled Pierce into a hug she did not refuse. Kathleen knew Pierce was a strong wolf but wanted to give her comfort and a security of safety.
   When their bodies pressed together Pierce let the firmness of Kathleen's body settle into her mind. She did not want to pull away. Kathleen smelled so good. Their bodies seemed a perfect match.
   Pierce wasn't sure what came over her. Maybe she just needed her packs touch and used Kathleen as a temporary replacement. Or maybe she just wanted Kathleen period and would make excuses up later about her imprudent behavior.
   She dug her face into the curve of Kathleen's neck breathing her in deeply and groaned. "God, you smell good enough to eat."
   Kathleen moaned all while her body shuddered from Pierce's open statement. "Don't tease me," she said weakly.
   Pierce's steaming breath coated Kathleen's neck sending chills down her body that could last for days.
   "I'm not trying to."
   Pierce's wolf felt in a frenzy. Need to be touched in intimate places. Taking the lead for the first time, Pierce sweep her tongue over Kathleen's pulse.
   Kathleen shuddered, all sexual points in her body enhancing as she absently pressed Pierce into the car. Her clit was already swollen and in pain. She breathed through her mouth to high on arousal to relax her body.
   Pierce lips grazed Kathleen's skin right below the ear. She tugged her teeth along Kathleen's earlobe and whispered, "I wanted to do this last night." Her voice was to raspy to get her words out correctly.
   Kathleen pulled her head back enough to look into Pierce's eyes. Genuine need rose high in Pierce's eyes. This was real. Pierce wanted her and even if she denied it later, Kathleen knew by staring into Pierce's eyes now, she wanted her.
   "Don't mistake me leaving last night for not wanting to..." Kathleen eyes dropped seductively down Pierce's breast. "I wanted to."
   Kathleen's lips pressed into Pierce's sucking her bottom lip in. Pierce shivered as her clit squeezed yearning to be touched. Pressing her body hard into Pierce's, Kathleen groaned from the feel of her. Their bodies melted together as Kathleen's hands sauntered down to Pierce's waist pulling her in. She couldn't get enough of her. Pierce body felt luscious. Her lips and the smell of Pierce embellished Kathleen's mind.
   Not giving any thought to her next actions Pierce tugged at the buckle on her pants. She wanted Kathleen to touch her. Needed it. Dreamt of it last night after Kathleen left her alone and miserable. Suffering like she'd been told she could never enjoy the best essentials in life ever again.
   Kathleen had no problem assisting Pierce in removing her pants but stopped abruptly. "Wait."
   Pierce snarled. "Gosh, I'm supposed to be the nervous one." She was in need now and having Kathleen end this a second time within twenty-four hours of each attempt was beginning to make her grumpy.
   Kathleen shook her head chuckling. "Eager, are we?" She kissed Pierce's forehead.
   Pierce slumped onto the car. "Well...that says it all." The kiss on the forehead definitely told Pierce their intimate connection was over.
   She buckled her pants back as Kathleen watched with fascination. "I swear I do not want to stop. I just don't want our first time to be out here." Kathleen waved out to their surrounding. There was a limited amount of trees to hide them. They were parked on the side of the road near the sign that read, 'Welcome to Oakdale.'
   Pierce never paid no mind to where they were. Soon as she woke she practically pounced on Kathleen. This place definitely wouldn't have been the first option nor the second, third, or fourth one to make love to Kathleen.
   Chills ran up Pierce's arm when she thought of having sex with Kathleen as a form of making love.
   She needed to relax.
   Straightening her posture and her clothes Pierce nodded. "We should probably go. I don't think Val would be too happy in our delaying for personal reasons."
   Kathleen smiled. "Agreed."
   They drove the last ten minutes in silence until Pierce pointed over. "That house on the next block."
   There were thick seven feet tall bushes and trees that hid most of the house. The house alone took up the entire block. Other homes were close but spaced out far enough not to have a chance at being too nosey at who lived inside.
   "Comfy." Kathleen sarcasm was greeted by a snarl from within the thick bushed walls.
   Pierce shook her head. "They already don't like us here. Don't make it worse."
   A man opened the gate to the front entrance, the gate big enough to let a car through.
   He stepped out into the open his broad shoulders straight. He wore a cowboy hat, piercing blue eyes. He had a football build. "What can I do for an uninvited werewolf and her sweet smelling friend?"
   Pierce pursed her lips, eyebrows raised. "I'm looking for Patrick."
   "He ain't here."
Clearly. "When will he be?"
   "Never," the man spoke again this time crossing his arms over his bulky chest. "We were attacked by vampires and werewolves. Thought I'd never see our species teamed up with a bunch of blood sucking vamps. But it happened. Patrick lost his life for it."
   Nosey neighbors stepped outside their house taking a a peak.
   This man snarled, rolling his eyes. "Fucking neighbors. The price of living amongst these humans." He scrutinized Pierce than Kathleen. "I suppose you can come in."
   They followed close, strolling through casual. He closed the gate behind them and went back to interrogating.
   "Why are you here?"
   This was not going to work with her original plan at convincing Patrick to go. A new approach formed in Pierce's mind. "My name's Pierce McKinley."
   "All the McKinley's died off years ago."
   Pierce tried not to feel insult. "Gladly, you are mistaken."
   He gave Pierce a smug grunt.
   "Patrick knew I was here and there. I tried to convince him to join my pack."
   "Why would anyone want to rejoin a dead pack?" He looked curiously over at Kathleen. "Who are you? What are you? You ain't human."
   "If you can't tell, it is rude to ask. It's like asking me how old am I?" Kathleen looked none to offended.
   "Well. You are in my territory."
   "Incorrect," Kathleen said with the pointing up if her index.
   "Excuse--"
   "Kathleen..." Pierce gave her a tight smile. Kathleen smiled back happily and waved Pierce on. "Look," Pierce said. "The past is not forgotten. Many of us have lost. I know some of the members here were in my pack. I am not trying to take any of you away."
   "Then what are you trying to do?" His snarl was very audible.
   Pierce stood her ground. Though he was this pack new Alpha he could not beat Pierce and she wanted him to know that. "I can challenge you and this pack can be mines. The fact that I know it's that easy should concern you." Pierce looked out to the rest of his pack who now stood curious. A few recognized Pierce and she did them. "I am not the Alpha of Yosemite pack."
   "The Blackpaw Pack--"
   Pierce cut him off. "There is no Blackpaw Pack. Nor Seirra Pack. Only one pack. I am the Prima of that pack. My sister, Valerie McKinley is Alpha, along with her mate, Allira, daughter of the once Alpha of Blackpaw."
   Many chattered with the news Pierce just informed them of.
   "Our pack is stronger. More fierce and ready to protect all who are within our pack." Pierce eyes reached every single one of theirs. "You can keep your title as Alpha if that is what this pack wants. But you will come with us and take upon the vows to give your loyalty to the one true Alpha of not only Yosemite or Oakdale but all of California."
   He snarled. "That Shit..."
   In a chopping motion Pierce slammed the curve of my hand into his throat cutting off all his airway usage.
   He dropped to his knees holding his throat. This was her new approach.
   "I recommend someone challenge him now so the right Alpha can come with me to meet my sister." And that was that.
   It took twenty minutes for a woman to challenge this clown of an Alpha, beating him and then she was ready to go.
   "Leona." She nodded her head. Pierce estimated she was in her late thirties. By the smell of her quite older. "I once belonged to your grandfather's pack. After you had your child, things changed and I left before the attack."
   Pierce frowned, shaking her head. "I had my son after the attack."
   Leona looked now confused.
   "You're thinking of my ma, Paula." Pierce said not disdained. "She had Valerie."
   Leona gave Pierce a long glance and then nodded.
   Pierce hated being reminded of how much she looked like her Paula. Getting her mind off that fact Pierce asked. "Why you take so long to become Alpha? You could have handled him a lot that sooner."
   "Ah. Well...I found no purpose or reason in being Alpha. With things changing and from what Valerie has to offer, I figured now was the time. We couldn't let him lead or represent us."
   "Fair enough."
   "And your Fae?" The woman's words were more of a statement.
   Kathleen nodded. "In the flesh."
   "Are you ready?"
   Leona nodded. "It will be quite a privilege to see many of my old pack and meet the Alpha's."
   "Good."