Chapter Five

Allira knocked on the door waiting patiently for Drake to answer. She did not want to come across invasive. Drake was feeling vulnerable and would give her the proper amount of space.
"Yes, Allira."
"Is it safe for me to come in?"
   She heard Drake grunt from the other end of the door. Allira took that as a sure sign to enter without knives being thrown her way.
Opening the door slowly, Allira slid in closing the door immediately after.
   Drake sat on the end of their bed, blowing her nose, tears streaming down her face. Her cheeks were flushed wiping her face excessively to take away her tears. "I'm sorry. I look like a mess." She continued to cry though Allira saw the struggle of her mate fighting the urge. "I don't know why I'm so emotional."
Sitting beside Drake, Allira kissed her on the cheek. "You're pregnant, babe."
   Snorting, Drake rolled her eyes as she wiped her nose with tissue again. "Is that supposed to make me feel better?"
"It should." Sighing, Drake took a moment to bring herself to a tranquil state. Allira waited patiently, comforting her mate. "I think you know deep down, Val is as excited about our cubs as you and I. She's scared. Maybe a bit more scared than us, but she's happy."
"I know." Drake's voice was soft and sincere. Regret of her words settling inside. "I was wrong for saying that to her."
"Val isn't angry. More scared you are going to probably want to bite her every time you see her. And not in a good way."
"I really tore her head off out there. And yours." Drake moved into Allira, resting her head against her mates shoulder. Calmness remedied inside Drake taking a soft breath. "I attacked you." Allira wrapped her arm around Drake's body keeping her warm and comforted. "I guess, I'm scared too," Drake admitted.
"We're all scared." Allira scooted further into the bed, her back resting on the headboard. Drake spooned against Allira's body finding the firm structure of her mate relaxing.
Though the air around them was a bit cold their bodies transmitted warmth.
   It had been a few days since their last intimate moment. For all three of them. Drake closed her eyes breathing in Allira's scent. She was already feeling withdrawal.
   Drake unbuttoned Allira's shoulder length plaid shirt running her fingers along her mates abdomen. Allira shivered closing her eyes, blowing out slowly.
"You and Val mean so much to me," Drake whispered.
Allira spoke breathy and low. "I know. We love you."
Drake heaved her head up bringing her lips gradually close to Allira.
Cupping Drake's chin with her fingers Allira drew her mate in kissing her passionately.
Allira's lips were like a strong substance Drake wanted more of. Their lips synced Drake's tongue brushing against Allira's bottom lip.
Ending up on top, Drake's fingers undid the rest of the buttons to Allira's shirt sitting up.
When Allira's breast were exposed to her Drake went down kissing around the curve of Allira's breast. "I can do this all day."
Nothing could top the love Drake felt for both her mates.
There was a gasp that came sharp and loud when Drake's mouth caved over her mates breast. Allira's nipple harden in Drake's mouth every part of her tingling, overwhelmed by the mastery of Drake's mouth.
"Oh, please harder..." Allira caved her body into the bed every part of her reacting.
Drake moved her lips over to Allira's other breast, her nipple harden and stiff. Drake stared at it with fascination. Slowly, Drake tongue flicked right at the edge of Allira's nipple causing another reaction out of her.
Keeping Allira's other nipple happy, Drake used the tip of her index and thumb rubbing, tugging and, flicking.
The pleasure of even touching Allira's nipples turned Drake on. Her lips brushed over Allira's nipple and gradually she sucked on it gently never sucking and tugging too hard.
"God," Allira groaned. She squeezed her eyes shut. "Your fucking with me on purpose."
Perhaps she was. Drake just wanted to feel in control. This was her way of gaining that ability.
"Touch me," Allira begged.
Despite her mates plea Drake dismissed it staying focused on Allira's breast.
That slow burn Allira was feeling quickly began to turn into an orgasm that was having her body react in ways foreign to her. It was as if Drake had found a new part of Allira giving her exactly what she needed.
Allira's clit throbbed immensely as she orgasmed, squeezing her thighs together to give her an additional boost of effect.
  Val listened through the door giving Allira and Drake their personal moment.
"Alpha," one of her pack new Beta's approached from the bottom stairway.
Val left Drake and Allira to continue what they were doing, walking back down the stairs.
"What is it, Rico?"
"When I was in the pack with Allira and Silos, I had to give up my career. I'm a turned Were. Before that, I was an architect. We do have a lot of outside space. I can build us an additional house, perhaps hidden spots for us in case of an emergency of whatever kind."
"Bring me a blueprint and I'll bring you the funds to get it done."
I saw a genuine smile of excitement as my new Beta and I parted ways.
"Responsibilities. There hard."
Val nodded to her ma's words. Standing here now, and seeing so many surround her like family Val finally saw what Drake was truly feeling. "Ma?"
Paula responded to her daughter catching the distance in her voice.
"Would you do it all again?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Would you...do it again? Take me away from this? From Pierce...who by the way has been an amazing sister. Someone...I could have grown up to adore." Val gave her ma a hard look wanting the truth. She couldn't stop the tears from liquidating her eyes. "Take me from Drake. With what few memories I have if her I missed out on so much more we could have experienced together." Val held back her emotions and her wolf. All understanding of the grief Drake felt for herself and Val. "Would you take me away from this?" Val spread her arms out emphasizing the pack around. "My pack. My family, because that's what they are, right?"
   Paula did not understand where this was coming from or where Val was leading this conversation next. "Val. I made the decision to protect you. I am sorry that I did not fight harder for your sister. But taking you away from here kept you alive."
"You don't know what could've happened. You don't know...if my life would have ended." Val faced her ma fully. "All I know is that in this short time, this pack has become my family. Pierce and my mates are my family. My nephew. Within my Fae bloodline, they are my family. The idea of leaving them. I don't think I could handle that. That lost. Disconnection. I don't like dancing with the wonders of what if. I just...I wish, you would have understood what it meant to be a part of a family of wolves. Of pack. Maybe you were meant to be a lone wolf, but not me." With one last statement, Val asked, "how do you sleep?"
There was no need to get an answer from her mom. Instead, she walked away back up into her room where both Allira and Drake accepted her with love and warmth.