Chapter 32 | KIDH

|The conversation between Emma and David at the end of this chap might not seem real to you but it actually is, because something likely to that has happened to me when my parents were divorced (they came back together) and that was more or less how things went.|

The day went by as usual.
She talked a lot with Elsa and Anna. She had missed them too, and it was weird because she had only had that same feeling with her old friend Lily.

Sometimes she wondered what it'd all be like if she hadn't left her.

And then there was Killian.

At the end of the day she sat next to him at the bus stop.

Something had happened to him, something was bothering him, she knew it.

"Do you want to talk?" She only said that and for the long time it took to answer her she really thought he was going to ignore her.

"Yes." He didn't look at her.

"What happened?"

"Liam's going to Ireland."

"Wait what?"

"All this time, he has been talking with my father. He promised Liam that they could be happy there."

"But... What about his job? He's just going to leave it? And you?" She didn't want to ask him the real question: and you? Are you going to leave, too?

"I think he's just going to look for a new one there- I don't bloody know."

She swallowed hard and sighed, her head relaxing back against the glass of the bench.

"I don't know what to do now. I'm sorry I snapped at you. It's just... Now. Now that I finally see you and you kiss me..." He smirked at her and that made her feel better because she didn't like seeing him in pain. "Now that I know that this might not go as I wanted..."

She looked at him even though he couldn't see that.
She was happy and broken at the same time.
He had just admitted her he wanted something real and serious with her, and at the same time, he was telling her that wouldn't happen.

"It was just- he just- he just came home on Christmas and told me that, just like that."

She grabbed his hand, interlacing her fingers with his.

"What are you going to do now?"

"What shall I do?"

"What do you really want?"

It looked like he had just ignored her question, but she knew he was thinking and solving everything in his head so she still waited for the answer to come.

"I want to stay."

---

He had told her that night through the phone that his brother was leaving in two days and that the atmosphere in their house has been the most horrible thing.

The thing was, half of the problems that were going in his head, he wasn't telling her.

Liam and he had several fights (especially at dinner).