12 - The Green Frog

Start from the beginning

And I was squeezed at the corner between Joe and Logan. Andy brought the big whites plates covered with beautiful red glass lids on top and started placing them on our tabletops, he didn't let anyone touch a single plate.

"What are you guys up to?" I asked.

"What? We arrange such a beautiful dinner and this is the way you thank us?" Andy said while he was placing the covered plates one by one. "Andy, if even one single plate breaks, I'll break your head," Mom threatened and John and Joe high-fived.

"Sophie.., your kids are preparing such a good dinner for you, cut them a slack!" Dad chirped and Andy thanked him. Jack was going to open the lid on top of his plate when Alex ran to him and said, "Uh uh uh. Not now. Only when I say."

"What's going on, Alex?" Logan asked. Why couldn't anyone understand that they were up to something, really terrible...

"Have patience, brother. Dad, Mom, first you open and taste it." Alex said, he looked so happy. Mom dad opened up their lid and there were so many dishes that we all kept staring at their plates. Porridge, omelet, and sandwiches, OMG!!

"You guys did this alone? I'm so proud of you." Mom and dad said while they tasted the food. "It's yummy, my dear!!" Mom chirped. "Thanks, mom! Now rest of you guys can start!!" Alex said. "Do we get something else?" John said while he opened and I saw all of them opening their lids. I don't know why, but I still smelt something fishy.

"The sandwich is so salty...." Joe said while he took a bite and mom glared at him and he stopped talking. "Ria, go ahead, taste it!" Dad said and I hesitantly opened my lid and found saw a greenish thing inside. Before I could realize what it was, it croaked. OMG!!

"AAAAAAAgggggggggghhhhhhhh!!" I was screaming on top of my voice as I threw off the plate across the hall and it crashed on the nearby wall. I jumped onto Logan's lap.

There was a big frog inside the lid, on my plate!!! Joe started screaming too as the frog went hopping on his head, and Andy and Alex were rolling on the ground with laughter!! They knew that one thing I hate and fear the most, Frogsssss!!

"It's ok, It's ok, Ria. It won't do anything to you." Logan carried me in his arms away from the table and as I didn't stop screaming and my face was buried in Logan's jacket.

I didn't even dare to see if the frog was still there. "John, take this thing off the table!!" Logan ordered John as I could hear Joe too laughing in his full volume and Jack was too senior to do this small work.

*

*

*

It took me a long 5 minutes to calm down, the longest 5 minutes!!!

"Andy, such an ill prank!!" Mom was scolding Alex and Andy, "you two have crossed all limits!! You even broke my beautiful plate!" Mom was the only one who cared for me. And the rest,... they didn't care for anything. "Mom, it was Ria who threw the plate," Andy whined.

You Rascal!

"Shut it, you guys. I will not tolerate this anymore!!" Mom was unstoppable today and I thanked her for that as Logan sat me down beside him. "Harry, you give these two boys the most severe punishment!" Mom commanded to dad while dad was still having his porridge, "Huh? Oh yes, honey. Very bad, you guys! But the porridge is so tasty, how did you make it?" Dad cheered. It was so hard for him to be angry with his kids.

"Dad...." I whined, "and Logan and Jack, stop giggling!" I was fuming at Logan who was trying really hard to control his laughter. I huffed and got up but Logan caressed my hand and pulled me back. I had no idea where the frog was and I didn't want to find it anywhere near me.