FNL (G)

The stands are packed full, as tonight your school was playing the rivalry team, the Panthers.

You see Grayson laugh at something his friend says and you yell his name from the fence that separates the field/ track and the stands.

He looks up and his eyes lock on you. He mutters a quick goodbye to his friends and runs over to you, a smile plastered on his face.

"Hey babe. Here to see me kick some ass tonight?" You giggle and he smiles. "Yeah yeah. Anyways, my parents said that you could spend the night tonight, if you win."

You smirk and you know that you had some kind of effect on him.

"Well then, what time should I be over?" You smile and he leans in, pressing his soft lips against yours.

You pull away from the long, slow, kiss and the coach yells for Grayson to get back over to the bench.

"Be careful," you whisper and he nods. "I always am."

He jogs over to the huddle, sliding his helmet on his head on the way, and starts to listen to what the coach is saying.

After a small pep talk, and the flip of the coin which signaled that we got the ball first, the players were on the field and lined up.

Grayson nods at the coach, letting him know that the play was clear and that he was ready. On the blow of the whistle, the ball snaps back, Grayson catches it, starts running and then he gets ready to throw it. You keep your eyes on him and he throws it, only to get tackled by one of the Panthers.

You turn your attention to the person he threw it to, and he runs to the end zone.

He was 15 yards away and he gets tackled to the ground. They line up for the next play and they start to run the same one.

The ball snaps and Gray catches it and starts to jog back, looking for someone that was open. Before he could throw the ball, he's tackled to the ground.

The crowd lets out a groan and you wait for Grayson to get up, but he doesn't. You start to get worried as he lays there, lifeless.

The loud screech of a whistle sounds and the coach and many other people rush onto the field and over to Gray. They all crouch down next to him, blocking your view.

You start to quickly exit the stands, running into people on your way, but you don't care. You glance back at the field to now see the paramedics surrounding him. The players are all on one knee and their helmets are off, which rarely happens unless someone is hurt.

You jump over the metal fence and start to run onto the field, your heart racing. Luke, a player and friend of both you and Grayson, grabs you by the waist and pulls you back.

"Let me go!" You scream, fighting his strong grip, as tears stream down your face. He struggles to keep you back, but still manages to succeed. You eventually give up and he pulls you into his chest and strokes your hair as you start to cry.

They put Grayson on a stretcher and wheel him off of the field.

--

You arrive at the hospital and rush to his room. They make you wait outside and you pace the hallway, dodging nurses that were quickly passing.

A doctor comes out of the room and informs you on everything that's happening.

You go inside and see him in a neck brace, his head propped up on a pillow. There's a scratch across his nose and his breathing is steady. You slowly walk up to him, grabbing his hand.

You sit on the edge of the squeaky hospital bed and push his hair out of his face. You smile as you rub his cheek with your thumb.

Luke walks into the room, his face sweaty and his breathing heavy and quick.

"Is he okay? What did they say exactly happened? Is he going to-" "Yes. They said he might be paralyzed from the waist down," you choke as you speak and Luke rushes over to you.

"It's okay, y/n. Everything's going to be okay." "But what if-" "There aren't any 'what if's'. He'll be okay." You pull away from the hug and kiss Grayson's cheek.

He'll be okay.