Storms (G)

Grayson's POV:

I wake up to the sound of cries coming from the baby monitor that's sitting on the nightstand as another clap of thunder makes the windows rattle.

I slowly sit up and quietly get out of bed, careful to not wake y/n up.

I don't feel like putting a shirt on, so my grey joggers will just have to do.

I leave the bedroom and walk down the long, beige, hallway that leads to both of my children's rooms. I rub my eyes and yawn as I approach Julie's room.

I open the bedroom door and, almost instantly, her cries turn into soft whimpers. I walk over to her crib and coo as I pick her up, cradling her in my arms and holding her tight against my bare chest.

Her breathing slows as I lightly bounce her and hum a lullaby. I hear tiny footsteps coming down the hall and soon a small figure stands in the doorway.

"Daddy, I-I'm scared," my 5 year old daughter, Ava, stutters and walks over to me. She takes place next to me and wraps her small arm tightly around my right leg.

The hallway light turns on and I soon see y/n walk into the room, rubbing her eyes and squinting at the three of us. "Babe, what's wrong?" "Julie was crying and Ava got scared from the storm." "Mommy," Ava says as she hurries over to y/n and y/n crouches down.

"Ava, do you want to sleep in mommy and daddy's room tonight?" Y/n asks while moving Ava's brown hair out of her face. She nods and follows y/n out of the room. I grab Julie's swing with my free hand and take it into our bedroom.

I set it on my side of the bed, carefully put her in it, and strap her in. It starts to slowly swing side to side and her eyes close as she drifts off.

I crawl into the warm bed and Ava is already in the middle. She smiles at me and lays her small head on my chest as I get situated.

"I love my three girls," I say, earning small smiles from Ava and y/n.